Storm staying on the Sunshine coast

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

DA JA VU :oops:

NRL: Storm to remain on Sunshine Coast for now amid Melbourne’s Covid-19 outbreak

The Melbourne Storm enjoyed huge success playing on the Sunshine Coast last season, so another move there this season could prove a blessing.
Matt Logue
NCA NewsWire
MAY 26, 2021

The Melbourne Storm will remain on the Sunshine Coast until advised otherwise as the defending champions navigate their season around another Covid-19 outbreak in Melbourne.

Following consultation with the NRL, the Storm has decided to extend its camp at Twin Waters on the Sunshine Coast given the unfolding situation in the Victorian capital with cases increasing.

The Storm play the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Thursday night but is expected to return home in round 13 to host the Gold Coast on June 5.

At this stage, this home clash could be relocated to the Sunshine Coast if Melbourne’s Covid-19 outbreak continues to grow.

On the plus side, the Storm spent the majority of last season on the Sunshine Coast due to the pandemic and performed strongly on their way to finishing second after 20 rounds before going on and winning the premiership.

Melbourne officials will continue to liaise with governments, their health authorities and the NRL before making any decision on a return to Victoria.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From the storm

Following consultation with the NRL, Melbourne Storm has decided to extend its camp at Twin Waters on the Sunshine Coast given the current fluid COVID-19 situation in Melbourne.

Storm will continue to liaise with governments, their health authorities and the NRL before making any decision on a return date to Victoria.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We did pretty good staying in Sunshine Coast so not opposed to this but man it sucks for the players on a personal level. At least they have sun and relative freedom
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We should be called the Sunshine Coast Storm
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

lima lima lima duck off troll
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:59 amIts time that this team was transported to the Sunshine Coast on a full time or at least play half their games there.

Melbourne doesn't deserve a quality team like the Storm.
::) ::)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:59 am Edited by Moderators
CAN WE BAN THIS F****ING SHIT
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

You people don't have any sense of humour at all. Seriously.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

six rings wrote: ↑Wed May 26, 2021 9:59 pm
Edited by moderators
CAN WE BAN THIS F****ING SHIT
I hate to say it but he's perfectly entitled to a little thing like his opinion and judging by the quality of his posts he's had a lot of time hanging onto his little thing.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thats not my opinion at all. I am a stoic Melbournian and love that we have a great rugby league team here in Melbourne. Atm the Melbourne Storm is the only thing thats keeping me going through the shock of this our 4th lockdown here in Melbourne. Its painful.

But Melbourne Storm and their performances are one of the only thing that brings a smile to our faces while we bunker down for the next 7 days.
Last edited by six rings on Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If they play any matches in the Sunshine State then they should be played behind closed doors. If fans are allowed to attend matches, that's a huge slap in the face to paid up Storm members stuck in Melbourne.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm_M_36 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:27 pm If they play any matches in the Sunshine State then they should be played behind closed doors. If fans are allowed to attend matches, that's a huge slap in the face to paid up Storm members stuck in Melbourne.
Haha, I quietly find some obscure comfort in this idea!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm_M_36 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:27 pmIf they play any matches in the Sunshine State then they should be played behind closed doors. If fans are allowed to attend matches, that's a huge slap in the face to paid up Storm members stuck in Melbourne.
It's not the club or players fault though mate.

If we have to play the Titans up there, I hope we get a massive crowd jammed into Sunshine Coast Stadium. The town, the council and the people welcomed us and looked after us last year. The bond should be tight between Melbourne and the Sunshine Coast. Especially after Albury - our chosen local town - turned their back on us. It's not like we are in competition with them. I see them as a friendly sister city that is looking after us whilst we are locked out of home.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:08 pm
Storm_M_36 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:27 pmIf they play any matches in the Sunshine State then they should be played behind closed doors. If fans are allowed to attend matches, that's a huge slap in the face to paid up Storm members stuck in Melbourne.
It's not the club or players fault though mate.

If we have to play the Titans up there, I hope we get a massive crowd jammed into Sunshine Coast Stadium. The town, the council and the people welcomed us and looked after us last year. The bond should be tight between Melbourne and the Sunshine Coast. Especially after Albury - our chosen local town - turned their back on us. It's not like we are in competition with them. I see them as a friendly sister city that is looking after us whilst we are locked out of home.
I think the original posters knows it just as much as I do and is expressing a little frustration. As it is I get to very few matches due to work commitments (and as a result my son) and wouldn't you know it, I was able to actually get to that game!
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I wonder if SOO will be moved to another state, which is 4 days after we are supposed to play the Titans at AAMI. If that's not moved then we 100% need to play at AAMI on the 5th!!