Storm staying on the Sunshine coast

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Origin I is reportedly moving to Townsville.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We will not get another game at Aami Park to replace the Titans gam which is almost certain to be played in Queensland
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:04 pm We will not get another game at Aami Park to replace the Titans gam which is almost certain to be played in Queensland
There’s nothing normal in the middle of the worst global pandemic for 100 years. As long as the boys play somewhere and have the opportunity to shape their own destiny...that’s all that really matters. No one wants this.....but it’s the reality of our situation so we have to accept it.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:42 am
glennb wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:04 pm We will not get another game at Aami Park to replace the Titans gam which is almost certain to be played in Queensland
There’s nothing normal in the middle of the worst global pandemic for 100 years. As long as the boys play somewhere and have the opportunity to shape their own destiny...that’s all that really matters. No one wants this.....but it’s the reality of our situation so we have to accept it.
We knew it was a possibility last year into this year so yeh it sucks but at least we get to watch
And have footy 4 of the 7 days we’re in lockdown for
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We are likely to be in lock down for about a month I reckon or more as the number of cases is still increasing. 12 cases today.

With more than 10,000 people potentially being exposed, it’s clear contact tracers have a huge task and have so far kept up with the growing number of sites and potential close contacts. They have managed to identify first, second and third ring contacts within 24 hours but are still clueless as to how it started.

What we do know is that it took almost two weeks for health authorities to realise they had listed the wrong Woolworths store as an exposure site after the Wollert man who picked up the virus in South Australian hotel quarantine visited the store. The department originally listed Woolworths Epping but it was the store in Epping North more than 4km away.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:25 am We are likely to be in lock down for about a month I reckon or more as the number of cases is still increasing. 12 cases today.

With more than 10,000 people potentially being exposed, it’s clear contact tracers have a huge task and have so far kept up with the growing number of sites and potential close contacts. They have managed to identify first, second and third ring contacts within 24 hours but are still clueless as to how it started.

What we do know is that it took almost two weeks for health authorities to realise they had listed the wrong Woolworths store as an exposure site after the Wollert man who picked up the virus in South Australian hotel quarantine visited the store. The department originally listed Woolworths Epping but it was the store in Epping North more than 4km away.
Thanks for the epidemiological update Professor Six Rings...
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Its good to keep up with things. Lets hope we don't see another outburst of Co-vid. The isolation of lockdown is hard for some people and we can't underestimate the mental health issues that people suffer . i try and keep in touch with all my friends just to see if they are alright. Be safe people. All things must pass..
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:23 pm Its good to keep up with things. Lets hope we don't see another outburst of Co-vid. The isolation of lockdown is hard for some people and we can't underestimate the mental health issues that people suffer . i try and keep in touch with all my friends just to see if they are alright. Be safe people. All things must pass..
Do you often speak with Paul Gallen ?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Im deep in a Melbourne lockdown so the answer is no.

Storm hooker Brandon Smith insists that he will remain at the Melbourne Storm next season and has tipped his coach Craig Bellamy to be by his side.

Smith, on contract until the end of 2022 and in a contest with Harry Grant for the starting rake role, was given permission to discuss an early exit in the pre-season by the Storm so long as Melbourne could secure a suitable replacement