Round 12 Broncos v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Broncos team named;

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Xavier Coates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Jesse Arthars
5. David Mead
6. Anthony Milford
7. Albert Kelly 8. Rhys Kennedy
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Keenan Palasia
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
13. Thomas Flegler

14. Kobe Hetherington
15. John Asiata
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Tc Robati

18. Dale Copley
19. Selwyn Cobbo
20. Richard Kennar
21. Cory Paix
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:52 am18. Dean Ieremia
19. Isaac Lumelume
20. Aaron Pene
21. Cooper Johns
Two wingers named on the extended bench. Is that just cover in case Jahrome isn't right and we need a reshuffle? Or is there any other injury cloud over an outside back?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yourhero wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:56 am
yourhero wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:52 am18. Dean Ieremia
19. Isaac Lumelume
20. Aaron Pene
21. Cooper Johns
Two wingers named on the extended bench. Is that just cover in case Jahrome isn't right and we need a reshuffle? Or is there any other injury cloud over an outside back?
Or they are the last 4 blokes we have who are fit?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well let's think, Kenny Bromwich, Grant, Jacks, King, Lee, Munster, Papenhuyzen, Smoothy, Howarth all injured - they might be all we have...
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jacks v Lewis, I would have gone with Jacks but other than that, it is the best team we have atm.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jacks is still injured, do you mean Johns?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:40 amJacks is still injured, do you mean Johns?
I think it was Bellamy in the post match presser that said he thought Jacks would be back this week. Maybe he hasn't come up as well as thought. The Paps knock-out was one of the worst ones we have ever seen, but the Jacks one wasn't too flash either so it's not too surprising.

I don't mind Lewis getting another run in the 6. Besides that one kick where he obviously missed the 6 again call (at least I hope he did), he was very solid. And with Jahrome back, that's all we should need to be honest. Big body, make your tackles, have a few runs at the line, play a link man role, don't overplay your hand.

Lewis last week;
12 Runs
103 Metres
35 Post Contact Metres
1 Try
3 Offloads
1 Line Break
5 Kicks (182m)
24 Tackles (3 Missed)
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Evidently we are staying on the Sunshine Coast after the Brisbane game due to Covid
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully if we can't play in Melbourne we can use the sunshine coast as our home ground again
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-s ... 65ab955a1d

NRL: Storm to remain on Sunshine Coast for now amid Melbourne’s Covid-19 outbreak

The Melbourne Storm enjoyed huge success playing on the Sunshine Coast last season, so another move there this season could prove a blessing.
Matt Logue
NCA NewsWire
MAY 26, 2021

The Melbourne Storm will remain on the Sunshine Coast until advised otherwise as the defending champions navigate their season around another Covid-19 outbreak in Melbourne.

Following consultation with the NRL, the Storm has decided to extend its camp at Twin Waters on the Sunshine Coast given the unfolding situation in the Victorian capital with cases increasing.

The Storm play the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Thursday night but is expected to return home in round 13 to host the Gold Coast on June 5.

At this stage, this home clash could be relocated to the Sunshine Coast if Melbourne’s Covid-19 outbreak continues to grow.

On the plus side, the Storm spent the majority of last season on the Sunshine Coast due to the pandemic and performed strongly on their way to finishing second after 20 rounds before going on and winning the premiership.

Melbourne officials will continue to liaise with governments, their health authorities and the NRL before making any decision on a return to Victoria.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, Klown to ref us this week, I imagine we'll be 11 on 13 at some point
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch and Lumelume drop out.

Welch with a swollen knee. God I hope it’s not too bad and just precautionary. We need Welch.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

No doubt. If he's not 100% I don't want him playing Origin either. It'd be a great result from a Storm perspective if Paps, Harry, Munster and Welch all miss Origin. Just losing Felise and JAC would be an incredible result.

We also get to have another look at Pene, which is a good thing.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:17 pm Olam named for game number 50
Congratulations Justin. My favourite player. What an amazing transformation he has had over those 50 games.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This will be a close game and we have not had many close games lately. IT Will be interesting to see how we respond.