Round 12 Broncos v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In the opening 15 he was screaming at our players to get up as the tackle was finishing, yet gave heaps of leeway to the Broncos in the ruck. I was just waiting for something completely innocuous to be sin-binned :roll:

That ball from Hynes went nowhere near Reimis. Klein is deadset kidding himself and so is the NRL still having him in the group of top referees.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The only 6 again he gave us was already on zero tackle. That infuriated me.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:52 pm Wonder why they’ve gone Nelson starting instead of Tui.
I don't like it
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Booth is so smooth to watch
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pene needs to be in fg more
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:27 pm Booth is so smooth to watch
Not bad for the 4th choice hooker.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Disappointing we didn’t score more than 40. We left some points out on the field
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:44 pm Pene needs to be in fg more
Yea really like him and have been surprised we haven’t given him more minutes this season.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:47 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:44 pm Pene needs to be in fg more
Yea really like him and have been surprised we haven’t given him more minutes this season.
I agree, but easier said then done when your forward pack contains Bromwich x 2 Welch, NAS, Kaufusi, Tui, Eisenhuth, Lewis and B Smith. Should play again next week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s hard to be too critical when you win 40-12, but I actually agree with the troll, I think we left a fair few points out there.

Hynes was so dangerous every time he touched the ball. He had spiders on him all night.

Brandon was amazing. So strong with the ball in hand.

It was great to have Hughes back calling the shots. He was very good, which is just usual these days.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really jumping on the Pene bandwagon here but he had 44 post contact metres according to champion data in only 33 minutes
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There were at least three more tries if a few of the players didn’t get a little bit selfish. A younger Jesse runs through two huge gaps for a double, or at least sets up tries. We were wasteful though and the Broncs tried hard a fair bit too.

We barely got out of first gear and played a bunch of non regulars. Hard to be negative really.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

For the first ten minutes of the game and the last ten minutes of the game; around the try line, we went sideways too often rather than going forward. We took the Cheese off with about 15 minutes to go and if he stayed on he could have scored and set up a few more tries. Still 40-12 is a great result given we didn't score for the first 20 odd minutes. Looking at the last few weeks, The 10 minutes before and after half time we are owning. To think we have half our team out injured, we win 40-12 and could have scored another few tries. That is why Bellemay sat with the boys after the game for 15 minutes and told them that while they did well, they need to be more ruthless. O0

We looked clunky – certainly in the first half. Justin Olam seemed to be over running everything and Hynes seemed to be catching the ball on the inside of the decoy runner on a lot of those sweeping plays (and it only got called once). We also just didn’t seem to get rolling hit ups going back to back and Hynes, Hughes and the outside backs seemed to be running the ball back infield sideways a lot. That said, we still rack up 40 points comfortably.

On Nicho, how good. Melbourne’s ability to regenerate is legendary and once again they replace an injured star with a player who would step up to be one of his side’s chief destroyers. He’s faster than he appears and his vision and passing game has flourished with the additional game time he’s been given by Craig Bellamy.

it’s hard not to be impressed by the Storm juggernaut, there was a reason why they were still 20.5 point favourites paying $1.08 before kick-off.

And that’s because of their forward pack. Sure, they are missing players. But when you can roll out 3 Kiwi stars in Smith, NAS and Bromwich up front, and Origin stars Kaufusi and Finucane in the backrow, as your starting pack, you are going to win more than you lose.

Forwards win matches. The backs decide by how much.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How good was the Broncos indigenous jersey!? I thought it was a fantastic jersey.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just looked at the Kaufusi trip and I'll be shocked if he gets off from it. Was pretty blatant.