Keeping Nicho

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:29 pm It makes the Munster signature so much more important considering this is the guy we have let go
Did we back the right horse?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:41 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:29 pm It makes the Munster signature so much more important considering this is the guy we have let go
You could be asking the same question in two or three years time if someone snatches up Jonah Pezet.

I think the right call was made.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

riders of the storm wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:03 pm
You could be asking the same question in two or three years time if someone snatches up Jonah Pezet.

Lots of variables.

At the time - yes right call. He was surplus at the time to a fully healthy side, at least it looked that way with the commitments we had made.

Since then - Storms had a bad year, Munster wants top dollar if he stays, the Dolphins talk all year which is draining, Nichos incredible season surpassing all players in Melbs, the cocaine scandal, the ability to sign another $500k player with the savings.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:34 pm
riders of the storm wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:03 pm

Lots of variables.

At the time - yes right call. He was surplus at the time to a fully healthy side, at least it looked that way with the commitments we had made.

Since then - Storms had a bad year, Munster wants top dollar if he stays, the Dolphins talk all year which is draining, Nichos incredible season surpassing all players in Melbs, the cocaine scandal, the ability to sign another $500k player with the savings.
Maybe I'm being to sensible with this, but;
Nicho was never really given a go. He came on as 17th man with aplomb, he filled in admirably (and excellently) when injected or when starting with and showed his class with a good side around him (not withstanding non go forward forwards). Moving on he was always going to excel at a reasonable team, which the Sharks are. If he'd gone to a complete dross outfit like the Titans or Tigers he'd be crap, as would be even the best. (Maybe Cronk with his professionalism could've brought any team up)
Best of luck, I'd be very surprised if anybody had a bad word to say about him.

Go Storm