Keeping Nicho

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I prefer to hear this from players rather than journos. I appreciate the candid insight Johns has given us.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Gone end of this year. Signed 3 year deal with Cronulla:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/01/sha ... signature/
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ent=static

Looks like he is moving to the peptide pumping sharks next year. I think he will regret his decision when he sees the Storm continue to beat teams while the sharks flop week after week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

$1.8M over three years at the Sharks. Super, super happy for him. That is a huge deal.

Imagine if we never saw mass injuries for Nicho to get a chance to showcase his skills, what sort of contract he would be looking at for next year.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also reportedly at 5/8 which is interesting. If true, that is big money for someone that hasn’t played much 5/8 in the NRL... Yes, he has shown his excellent ball playing skills over recent weeks, but with time and space afforded to him.

Anyway, hope he kills it.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

You can’t help but feel good for him. Got what he wanted.

You would think the sharks have one big signing left in them. Maybe it’s Dale. Resign Johnson and other forwards on better deals. Probably finish 7th
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As hard as it is to see him go, I'm happier that we will get to see his career flourish with a regular FG position. All the best and to the Sharks... Don't lima lima lima duck it up
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

A blow for us. No doubt. But good luck to him. You can’t blame anyone for taking a big payday. But it’s sad when we make ‘em and they take ‘em.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He was always going to go after how well he has been playing
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:17 pm As hard as it is to see him go, I'm happier that we will get to see his career flourish with a regular FG position. All the best and to the Sharks... Don't *lima lima lima duck* it up
Just glad Dave Donaghy and his pack of vultures didn't get to pick over the carcass...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BELLAMY ADMITS STORM WERE ALWAYS A "LONG SHOT" TO RE-SIGN HYNES
BY LACHLAN GELEIT AN HOUR AGO

Melbourne Storm utility Nicho Hynes will move to the Cronulla Sharks at the end of the season.

The in-form 24-year-old signed a three-year deal with the Sharks, which The Daily Telegraph believes is worth $1.8 million across the length of the contract.

The news was broken by Storm coach Craig Bellamy on Sportsday, where he admitted the club thought Hynes would move on.

“He won’t be with us next year, about 10 minutes ago he told me he’ll be moving on,” Bellamy said.

“Unfortunately, we thought it was a long shot as well that he would stay with us.

“We would have loved him to stay with us, and I think deep down he would have liked to, but there’s some other considerations that he had to take into account.

“Unfortunately, he’ll be moving on, but at the end of the day we’ll support him all the way and be really happy for him.

“But with all due respect he’s got this season to finish off.

“Obviously, he’s made that decision now, he needs to get all those details sorted and park it out the back and make sure he finishes off really strongly with us.

“He’s very determined to do that.”
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Absolute hats off to this bloke.

(Still shattered he isn’t at the Storm)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brodie Croft Man of steel super league
Nicho Hynes Dally M winner NRL

Sucks for us but happy for them both
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a class act Hynes is, the way he carries himself is always impressive.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It makes the Munster signature so much more important considering this is the guy we have let go