Round 11 Raiders v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good too that our disciplined play has not had us caught up in the sin bin/send off sh.tfight that’s going on at present.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Has anyone seen a charge sheet yet? Tui and Lewis were both reported.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like we have nothing to worry about on that end
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't believe Radley can get off with 4 weeks out. He's never going to learn if the sycophants in the media keep saying he's unlucky and they love what he does. He's a cheap shot merchant and always has been.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:46 am Hynes was everywhere again in attack. I don't think he's fast fast but it's amazing how many times he's able to burst through a defensive line. Plays under control and with patience. He annoys me with his lack of urgency on the other side but he can be forgiven.
The defence seems to stand off Nicho a lot more than Munny, It's just a question, is Nicho a better 6 than Munster? I know it's only a small sample size but Nicho has had to come in with players out whereas Munster has had a little more stability with the players around him, or more importantly the players around being more familiar with his style. Heresy I know, thoughts?

I gotta say I liked the look of Johns too, didn't seem overawed and played his part.

I always think it very hard for halves to come in and gel with the rest of the team when the team are so used to doing everything at a tempo of the first choice players.

Can anyone tell me, our successful Captains challenge, Curtis Scott stuck his foot out at the ball, even the ever reliable Fox commentators said as such, why wasn't it overturned in to a 6 again. Is the Bunker not allowed to rule on such matters?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought the more pertinent point on our “successful” Captain’s Challenge, was that the ref blew the whistle before Booth was tackled.

This falls under the mutual infringement rule. In the old days, that would have been a scrum to the team in the attacking half, but as of 2020, it is a redo of the last tackle.

We should have been awarded the last tackle again.

Again, if we had a RL genius like Smith on the field, he probably would have picked that up.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:39 pmCan anyone tell me, our successful Captains challenge, Curtis Scott stuck his foot out at the ball, even the ever reliable Fox commentators said as such, why wasn't it overturned in to a 6 again. Is the Bunker not allowed to rule on such matters?
The bunker definitely is allowed to rule on that but seemingly didn’t look at Raiders playing at the ball too closely.

The Scott touch warranted at least another look but they blew straight past it. Then they didn’t even consider Corey HN diving in front of the ball to be playing at it.

IMO the Bunker ref f*cked up that review in at least three different places.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, I can't see how they ruled not played at
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The second half was some of the best Storm tackling I have seen. The defence from 0-10 down was of the highest quality.

How good is it to have Nelson come off the bench close to the try line. He is 6ft 7ins of pure power.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's not fair really when he gets one on one with a little guy like that or last year on Ash Taylor