Round 10 - MAGIC ROUND - Storm vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And it starts....

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... and-grant/

Injury Update: Munster and Grant
Author
melbournestorm.com.au

Storm NRL squad members Cameron Munster and Harry Grant will each miss at least two rounds of the competition due to injury.

Munster (foot sprain) and Grant (hamstring) have been ruled out of Magic Round this weekend and the round 11 trip to Canberra after having their injuries confirmed by scans.

Munster suffered his injury in the win against South Sydney last Thursday and it prevented him from training with the squad yesterday.

Grant suffered his hamstring tear during that session.

Storm General Manager - Football Frank Ponissi said the club was hopeful of having both players available for the round 12 Indigenous Round match against Brisbane.

"That would be best case scenario for both Cameron and Harry," he said.

"If that doesn’t happen we expect they would both be okay for the opening State of Origin match in Melbourne."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm team named:

1. Nicho Hynes
2. George Jennings
3. Reimis Smith
4. Justin Olam
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Ryley Jacks
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Kenneath Bromwich
10. Christian Welch
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tui Kamikamica
13. Dale Finucane

14. Tyson Smoothy
15. Chris Lewis
16. Tom Eisenhuth
17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona

18. Aaron Pene
19. Ryan Papenhuyzen
20. Trent Loiero
21. Dean Ieremia
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Less than 0% chance we run out like that.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep team will definitely look different to that Sunday. Hopefully Paps is fine to go.

I wonder if Eisenhuth is a sneaky chance to see dummy half minutes. Feel like he’s a better chance of getting the ball out quicker than the other options.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:40 pm Less than 0% chance we run out like that.
How about we run out with that team except put Jacks to Hooker and bring the fullback up to the number 6 playing role in attack, dropping back when in defence. I assume Paps will play (why even name him) and bring him on 20 odd mins in at first rotation for one of the big boppers. With that many big guys starting the workload could be shared a little more. What's Cooper done to not be considered, must he wait until he has a recognised hooker in the team??

And the 64million dollar question, will Nicho be the goal attempter this week? :lol: :lol: :lol:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How disappointing is it Cooper johns is so far down the list of players he isn’t even considered when we lose influential players...I don’t get it
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:34 pm How disappointing is it Cooper johns is so far down the list of players he isn’t even considered when we lose influential players...I don’t get it
Yes, I agree with you. I think it shows a complete lack of confidence and I suspect the Supercoach wants a bigger body.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tbh Cooper Johns just doesn't look any good unfortunately.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tbf to Cooper, Bellamy loves him some Ryley Jacks for some reason.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

To Be Fair, Ryley Jacks has always played well when he has been asked to step up. I remember one game last year against a full strength Sydney Roosters team where he was almost MOM. Bellamy epsecially likes Ryley because of his defense and tackling which is right in Craig Bellamys wheelhouse.

Atm, Kenny Bromwich is slated to start as hooker but i am sure we will roll a number of combiniations through there with Smoothy and Hynes until we find what is working on the night. That is just the way we will have to roll with Grant and Smith and Munster out.

Cooper Johns is behind Jerohme Hughes which makes it tough for him unless there is an injury. Nothing against Cooper but Hughes is the most inform half back in the league other than Nathan Cleary.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On no planet did Ryley Jacks almost win man of the match.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jahrome Hughes won man of the match that night but Ryley Jacks was at least as good as Luke Kleary and set up two tries with assists. But hey, all he needs to do is his job within our system.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ryley Jacks - Zero try assists against the Roosters, Hmmm.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Proposed Teams

Melbourne Storm vs St George Illawarra Dragons at Suncorp Stadium, 4.05pm

Storm team: 1. Nicholas Hynes 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Ryley Jacks 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Kenneath Bromwich 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Tui Kamikamica 13. Dale Finucane 14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Chris Lewis 16. Tom Eisenhuth 17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 18. Aaron Pene 19. Ryan Papenhuyzen 20. Trent Loiero 21. Dean Ieremia

Dragons team: 1. Matthew Dufty 2. Max Feagai 3. Jack Bird 4. Tyrell Fuimaono 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Corey Norman 7. Ben Hunt 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Josh Kerr 12. Tariq Sims 13. Josh Mcguire 14. Poasa Faamausili 15. Billy Burns 16. Daniel Alvaro 17. Kaide Ellis 18. Jackson Ford 19. Junior Amone 20. Cody Ramsey 21. Adam Clune
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think this is my preferred line-up from those named. It assumes Paps is fit and allows players to play their normal roles as much as possible, minimising disruption/disjointed play.

19. Ryan Papenhuyzen
2. George Jennings
3. Reimis Smith
4. Justin Olam
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Ryley Jacks
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Jesse Bromwich
14. Tyson Smoothy
10. Christian Welch
11. Felise Kaufusi
9. Kenneath Bromwich