Round 10 - MAGIC ROUND - Storm vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:52 pm Both Bromwich’s make me roll my eyes.
What did Kenny do wrong? (Apart from giving the try to JAC)

Also, he just doesn't look right with single digits on his back
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:23 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:52 pm Both Bromwich’s make me roll my eyes.
What did Kenny do wrong? (Apart from giving the try to JAC)

Also, he just doesn't look right with single digits on his back
I’m not sure if he leads us in giving away restarts but it’ll be close. Always looks up like he has no idea why he was penalised.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

riders of the storm wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:18 pm Man, Hynes was good. Hughes is just generally magnificent - love how he thinks on the fly. That was a really impressive second-half.

I think most of the issues in the first came down to the fact the rules changed and the guys might have been apprehensive about being too aggressive in defence. It allowed the Dragons more time to shift the ball.

So... Any idea who plays five-eighth next week?
Nicho?

Give JAC a crack at fullback and pop young Deano on the wing.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:19 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:30 pm Reimis continues to get better and better.
Yes, but.
Not being overly critical but watch how many times he should pass but has not and instead takes the tackle.
Like I said, not being overly critical but maybe left to right is not his thing.

Do you have any examples of this that come to mind? Would love to go back and see if he’s wasting opportunities.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:45 pm
riders of the storm wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:18 pm Man, Hynes was good. Hughes is just generally magnificent - love how he thinks on the fly. That was a really impressive second-half.

I think most of the issues in the first came down to the fact the rules changed and the guys might have been apprehensive about being too aggressive in defence. It allowed the Dragons more time to shift the ball.

Nicho?

That would be interesting
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:05 pm
Lucas wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:45 pm

Nicho?

That would be interesting
He's made no secret of his desire to play that position. Hopefully he pulls up OK though, that knee twist caused by that shitstain McGuire did not look good at all.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nicho Hynes
17 Runs
256 Metres
4 Offloads
3 Line Breaks
5 Line Break Assists
4 Try Assists
5 Tackle Breaks

MASSIVE
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:53 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:30 pm Reimis continues to get better and better.
Yes, but.
Not being overly critical but watch how many times he should pass but has not and instead takes the tackle.
Like I said, not being overly critical but maybe left to right is not his thing.

Do you have any examples of this that come to mind? Would love to go back and see if he’s wasting opportunities.
From the previous week I noticed a couple of times when I thought the outside man was unmarked (difficult from the tv screen of course) and once at least in the second half of this weeks game. Thing I do realize is once I think I see something I am consciously looking for it again. If I get time I'll go back and watch. Just look in future weeks and see what you think. I'm ALWAYS open to correction.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good games by all, and I'm not knocking anyone, but don't you think you could put most players who were half decent in our system and they would perform highly.

Our system allows for players to perform at peak ability.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Does anyone know how bad Tyson Smoothy's knee injury was?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:46 am Does anyone know how bad Tyson Smoothy's knee injury was?
Fox sports said he had done his PCL and wouldnt be back. but Im not sure what 'done' means in the scheme of things. You would presume he is looking at multiple weeks.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Legitimately forgot about his knee injury and wondered what Bellamy was talking about in his presser. Glad Brandon should be fit for next week. We're in a bit of trouble otherwise.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

PCL is a tough one and really depends on how bad the tear is (assuming a PCL tear is what we are dealing with) and also how rehab goes.

Grade 1 - 2 is a partial tear (usually no surgery), you are typically looking at 6-8 weeks. Grade 3 is a full tear (usually with surgery), 6 months+.

Slater had 7 weeks off in 2013 with a Grade 2 PCL tear.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yes, Ive had a PCL tear myself, its a minimum of 6 weeks. as you say possibly longer. Shame as he was really looking like an NRL player at the time.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:53 pm
Yes, but.

46:40, Smith turned the widest man Ramsey inside out, palmed him off and took the next tackle. If he'd passed when he turned Ramsey around Jennings would've been off to the races. Ultimately we scored several plays later when Nelson crashed over and who couldn't love the camera work with the St George fans being their eloquent best!
49:00, only possibly could've used Jennings.

Please don't think I dislike, I have an enormous amount of time for the young fella, I think his defence and decisions in defence are excellent and his attacking play is just a shade behind. See what you think Blazza?

The last try to the Dragons, Welch just didn't give up. In a stella team he's player of the Year for me.