Away to Souths

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam has been incredible tonight.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:55 pm Mattpoet you would be loving this game, Josh Addo-Carr moving past GI into 6th on try scorers list and fast closing in on Will Chambers and Suliasi Vunivalu.

Plus 4 tries in a game equal most for Storm - Matt Geyer (twice), Aaron Moule, Jake Webster, Billy Slater, Sisa Waqa, Suliasi Vunivalu and Ryan Papenhuyzen.
First player since 1950 to get 6 in a game too.
Plus, he and Jennings have beaten the record for a pair or wingers in a game for the club - was 6 (Waqa and Fonua in 2013 and Addo-Carr and Vunivalu in 2017) by getting 8
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't sleep on Jennings double. He and Smith are quietly finding their groove too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:42 pm Olam has been incredible tonight.
3 try assists in the game, bloody fantastic
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet can you help me out please? I think Addo-Carr is outright 5th now on try scorers list with 84. I thought Will Chambers scored 82 tries. Storm twitter seem to be indicating that Will has 84 because they said Josh Addo-Carr is equal 5th.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm going to say that they posted it after the fourth and then didn't update it. Chambers had 82, 83 if you include world club challenge tries. Addo-Carr has 84.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A complete performance tonight. The combo of Smith and Grant working a treat.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:05 pm I'm going to say that they posted it after the fourth and then didn't update it. Chambers had 82, 83 if you include world club challenge tries. Addo-Carr has 84.
Thanks that is what I had with my stats (I don't count World Club Challenge tries). Foxx only two behind Suliasi now.

Storm twitter put he was equal 5th in reply to tweet that he had scored 6 tries.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Poor Lewis didn’t get much of a run but that’s the recipe for how I expect we’ll use our bench and two 9’s moving forward (with Grant hopefully ending up starting more often). Best our bench has been this season.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:11 pm Poor Lewis didn’t get much of a run but that’s the recipe for how I expect we’ll use our bench and two 9’s moving forward (with Grant hopefully ending up starting more often). Best our bench has been this season.
When Lewis came on my first thought was, is Lewis 18th man who got injured so he could come on? Then I remembered that Tom Eisenhuth was out injured.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bartos wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:18 pm FFS can this bloke kick. What goes on at training
He’s a little busy practising how to break tackles.... drag four blokes behind him .....side step 4 defenders....throw ridiculously unbelievably great passes and score tries. So I suppose goalkicking might be last on the list of things he practices 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hard to be critical after a game like that, but I have to say, going for a short drop out when up 50-0 is a real Cameron Munster play. Cam Smith never would have allowed that!
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Strong game on both sides of the ball. Would have been hard for any team to beat us tonight.

Side notes:
Starting to look hard for Brenko Lee to find his way in.
Still tossing up between Hynes and Eisenhuth for the 17.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch and Hughes once again instrumental. Welch has come on so well this year and Jahrome has hit a real purple patch over the past month.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really do hope Nicho gets a bumper deal at another club and gets the starting spot. Really deserves nothing but the best. Was amazing tonight.
Smith and Grant combo is one of my all time favourites already.
Long way to go but if we win the comp this year it would be the sweetest one yet.