Round 8 - Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s privileged as it gets but lima lima lima duck the right edge leaking a late try there.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great second half.

Hughes and Welch were outstanding. Both massive. Tui using a fend on his runs was paying dividends.

Grant good again, minus his poor tackling whilst his finger was dislocated.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:05 pm Great second half.

Hughes and Welch were outstanding. Both massive. Tui using a fend on his runs was paying dividends.

Grant good again, minus his poor tackling whilst his finger was dislocated.
Welch was very solid. Sharks were all over his offloads so not as electrifying as previous week's but a top performer even in the shit first half
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui is such a strong bastard. Think he can sneak up on opponents sometimes. Feel if he was a bit more aggressive and stayed healthy for a year or two he would be talked about as a top quality middle.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

An authoritative second half. Gee those six-again calls against us in the first half were very frustrating.

Christian Welch is playing SO well. He is a threat with every hit-up.

Tui off the bench was superb.

Jahrome is just getting better and better . Amazing to think that 2 clubs had him and let him go.

I know the fact they scored in last 30 seconds was frustrating, but we had scored 7 tries in 39 minutes , so I think we can cut the boys a bit of slack !

Has anyone got any news re Munster , who seemed uncomfortable down in that south east corner trying to stop their last try? It would be horrible if he has been injured, especially given he was only back there because Hynes was given a rest .
Last edited by RobbieRoss on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And why was Hynes the one given a rest? If we were going to rest anyone surely Munster and/or Hughes would be at the front of the queue?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:32 pm And why was Hynes the one given a rest? If we were going to rest anyone surely Munster and/or Hughes would be at the front of the queue?
Craig in his press conference said that Hynes had sore calves. He hasn't played a lot of 80 minutes.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:07 pm
Lucas wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:32 pm And why was Hynes the one given a rest? If we were going to rest anyone surely Munster and/or Hughes would be at the front of the queue?
Craig in his press conference said that Hynes had sore calves. He hasn't played a lot of 80 minutes.
Ok thanks. I have now seen that. No mention of injury to Munster so hopefully he is ok.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:30 pm
Ok thanks. I have now seen that. No mention of injury to Munster so hopefully he is ok.
Fingers crossed. Bit worried about Harry Grant, not only a dislocated finger but mention of a sternum injury.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:18 am
RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:30 pm

Fingers crossed. Bit worried about Harry Grant, not only a dislocated finger but mention of a sternum injury.
Definitely no sternum injury. Commentator just made that assumption from how Harry was holding his dislocated finger in front of his body.

I also suspect Harry may have been affected by a head knock as well...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was actually pretty impressed with Ieremia. Thought he did all of the tough stuff well and was probably unlucky that the sharks defence fell off Reimis Smith so much, if they'd rushed in just once he would've gotten a try, was in position every time.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did anyone else feel like Chambers was more focused on saying goodbye to Storm fans than the game to start? Kind of sweet really.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/03/ann ... k-tap-try/

Hynes try should have been allowed according to Annesley
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nobody gives two sh*ts because it happened against us. If it was Souths or Easts, Fox Sports would be screaming about it.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

six rings wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:23 am
As for Chambers, as much as I love him, surely he will be out of breath by the second half, he has played 3/4 of a reserves game . Will, himself, said, he couldn't believe how much quicker the game was last week since he left and now he is going to go into a game which will be a much higher speed .
We are an appreciably better team without him. His last several years at Storm were littered with his selfish, inept play. I genuinely cheered when I heard he was off again. And I say this, acknowledging he was an absolute favourite of mine for many years. Now he will have to face the wrath of his own fans after having played poorly in his team’s belting, he jumps in the Storm’s post match team photo with a beaming smile. Not a good look.