Round 6 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

six rings wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:24 pm I predict it will be a close one, a couple of points either way. Although WE are resounding favourites.

Bet 💰: Bet On This Match HERE

Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Roosters Odds
Melbourne Storm $1.31
BET NOW
Sydney Roosters $3.50
BET NOW
Am I betting on both teams here mate?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm just saying we are a very short price atm given past games between the two teams. The line is 7.5 at $1.90 each of two. Therefore the bookmakers expect us to win by 7 points.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone else get the feeling that Harry will start with Brandon either shifted to lock or back to the bench?

I think moving Brandon to 13 and pushing NAS back to the bench is a good move for the overall balance of the side.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I've been loving having Tui start the last 2 weeks at lock. He has been solid in my opinion
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think still starting Brandon at lock until Finucane is healthy and starting again makes sense. Hopefully in the long run he's happy and smart enough to know we're better with him off the bench though. We need to see the return of the NAS/Smith bench duo.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The question is, after one game do they think Harry is fit enough to run out a full game at hooker? Or do they inject him in the position when the pace goes off the game a little bit?
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

SO according to the Canberra Times interview with CB, Lee won't return this week so you surely can expect a whole lot of traffic down the smith/jennings side of the field.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:21 pm SO according to the Canberra Times interview with CB, Lee won't return this week so you surely can expect a whole lot of traffic down the smith/jennings side of the field.
Tupou with 2+ tries you think?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brenko and Pene the two omitted last night.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yes I am also worried about the bombs to Jennings wing.

It has already cost us the Parra game.

Hopefully Jennings has been practicing under the high ball.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon’s decision making close to the line is questionable at best.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:23 pm Brandon’s decision making close to the line is questionable at best.
Yeah, I think that might be what earnt him a break on the bench... although Grant's pass from the scrum wasn't all that impressive either! #-o
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

We look a lot more sharper and threatening with grant at 9.

B smith is much more game breaking at forward/back row with his powerful runs.

Grant to 9 permanently and smith roaming in the forwards is the best for the team.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We lost the all time best dummy half and replaced him with a no worse than 3rd best dummy half in the comp.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pretty happy with that win. Grant was outstanding and I thought Hughes, Kamikamikamica and Asofa-Solomona were also brilliant.

I’m a bit concerned that some of our guys are trying to be a bit clever though - particularly Munster. Too many sideways plays, running on the last tackle options and big shots early in the tackle count.

The team absolutely obliterates the opposition off smashing through the middle of teams before relying on the quick ball to be provided to the quick movers either out wide or again through the middle (Munster and Papenhuyzen specifically).

That being said - the physicality, dominance and intensity tonight in defence was all there. Loved how the guys also attacked with their defence and wore the Roosters out.