Round 6 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, Robinson/Roosters fans/Storm haters were all so upset that Munster wasn’t forced from the field for a HIA.

Take someone’s head off, and then cry that you don’t get an advantage out of it :roll: Idiotic.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, apparently it's just another example of our dodgy win-at-all-costs tactics that are ruining the game... the media are demanding a huge fine, so expect that this week. :rolleye:
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought it was more across the throat initially by Radley - every player will hit the deck to ensure a penalty. Didn’t need a HIA at all, but I did think the sin bin was harsh. But then again I thought Kaufusi’s suspension earlier was harsh!

Harry’s looked worse. Should have been off but went on to have a purple patch! Would be interesting to know if he had been cleared after the assessment or not. But regardless, we will get a fine and rightfully so for that incident.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really, you thought the sin bin was harsh? He jumped and swung his arm at Munster's head and this guy has a LOT of form with that sort of shot. I don't get how much love he gets from the media for being tough at all. He's always looked like a cheap shot merchant to me.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Munster wrong footed him and he was caught in one of those positions where the arm naturally tries to reach out for the tackle. I didn’t see it as an intentional high shot, but that’s just my take on it. That’s when I’m all for the sin bin.

It was really good to see how calm everyone was after the hit. Kind of mad me feel like all the players felt the same way.

The Latrell Mitchell shot is the type where a player deserves to go.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:58 am The Latrell Mitchell shot is the type where a player deserves to go.
YES. And now watch him get off...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, the sympathetic stories that have nothing to do with on field actions have already begun by Fox Sports
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Simply you can no longer touch the head in a tackle with your arm, even if it is an accident

The Concussion in sports problems means any head high tackle will go on report these days.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Cowboys did literally the exact same thing when Holmes had his head taken off. Used the foul play for a free interchange, Holmes was on the sideline for 30 seconds before going back on. It is tactical and within the rules of the game. If the NRL aren't happy with it (and they generally knee jerk react to media campaigns), then change the rules for everyone.

Or better yet, they can tell Hooper and co to get f*cked - take a player out with foul play and wear the consequences, even the tactical ones.

Is anyone surprised though that Hooper and co are leading the vitriol aimed at our club whilst completely ignoring the Cowboys doing the same thing? BIG SHOCK :roll:
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haha. I did not realise the Cows did the same thing.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:16 pm The Cowboys did literally the exact same thing when Holmes had his head taken off. Used the foul play for a free interchange, Holmes was on the sideline for 30 seconds before going back on. It is tactical and within the rules of the game. If the NRL aren't happy with it (and they generally knee jerk react to media campaigns), then change the rules for everyone.

Or better yet, they can tell Hooper and co to get f*cked - take a player out with foul play and wear the consequences, even the tactical ones.
Exactly!
yourhero wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:16 pmIs anyone surprised though that Hooper and co are leading the vitriol aimed at our club whilst completely ignoring the Cowboys doing the same thing? BIG SHOCK :roll:
Nope, not surprising at all - the double standards are plain for all to see, however there are plenty of people stupid or biased enough to not acknowledge this... I refuse to watch/listen to anything with Kent or Hooper on it for this exact reason.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-2632377

Storm interchange play loophole OK: NRL
Scott Bailey
AAP
Monday 19th April 2021

The NRL says it has no issue with Melbourne using a loophole to gain a free interchange in their win over the Sydney Roosters, declaring it within the rules.

Cameron Munster raised eyebrows when he briefly left the field on Friday night after being hit high by Victor Radley, before returning seconds later.

In the interaction, Munster was replaced by Nelson Asofa-Solomona before going back on 23 seconds later for Christian Welch in a clear forwards swap.

Under NRL rules, teams are entitled to two free interchanges when a player is victim to reportable foul play so they can be brought off the field, checked, and put back on.

But the NRL's head of football Graham Annesley said he had no issue with the use of the rule, given it acted as a deterrent for committing foul play.

"What the Storm did in relation to that rule was legitimately within the rules," Annesley said.

"I can see that there's a another argument to say if you're not actually off the field for very long, should you still get that free interchange?

"If you look at it from the point of view that it's intended to disincentivise foul play (it works).

"Because not only might you be put on report, sin-binned or sent off. But you also potentially concede free interchange."

While the Storm incident captured the attention of critics, it's understood it's not rare for the loophole to be used.

Valentine Holmes left the field for 40 seconds after being hit high by Jack Hetherington on Sunday, in what was a clear bid for a free interchange for North Queensland.

In turn, it allowed the Cowboys to swap Coen Hess and Francis Molo without using one of their eight interchanges.

Meanwhile Annesley also admitted his referees had erred in not awarding Canterbury a scrum after Molo knocked on from a kick-off return with the score 12-6 in favour of the Cowboys on Sunday.

The Cowboys eventually won the match 30-18, with a late try to Mitch Dunn sealing the game.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surprise, surprise... Fox League not running a story - or update to their original story - with Graham Annesley's quotes stating that it was perfectly within the rules :roll:

DOGS
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's offensive to dogs. I can't think of an insult for Fox Sports that's actually fair to who/whatever they're compared to though. Bunch of Kents perhaps?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:09 amBunch of Kents perhaps?
Perfect :lol: