Round 6 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Grant. Outstanding. Lock him away long term ASAP.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Game really changed when Nelson came on. Was obviously fired up over the dirty tactics the Roosters were employing but didn't get sucked into the silly stuff. Big, big game from the big man.

Tui was massive early.

Welch created a lot of second phase.

Hughes, Grant and Brandon Smith really were able to take advantage of the work done by the big men, great to see.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That moment when Grant took a run, tackled close to the line, quick play of the ball to Brandon who drops it off for Paps running around.

That’s something that could happen for 5 years if Brandon lets it - from the first minute of every game

It’s all I bang on about.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great win. We started slow and gave the Roosters lots of opportunities early on, but soon found our rhythm.

Tedesco held to 69 total run metres :shock2: Has he ever ran for fewer metres in his career (injury games aside)? We handled all of their outside backs exceptionally well.

Munster danced in the ruck at one stage, stepping back and forward about 76 times and then comes out the other side somehow. The guys a freak... but he should be banned from ever taking shots at goal again.

Numerous players for us were great, without a clear standout. Excellent all round team win. Would be tough to pick Dally M points. You could make a genuine case for 6 or 7 blokes.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can’t say enough of how good about how good a player Welch has developed into. He’s really a throw back front rower. Puts his head down and does all the dirty work. His offloads have once again have been such a weapon for us. He always puts us on the front foot.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For sure.
The tough runs in sh*t field position, the hit up/spin/offload, the kick pressure, the staunch defence. Works his ass off.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui had a phenomenal game and Grant had his best game in a storm jersey. Both are being rewarded for patient 2020 season.

Ive got to admit an unpopular opinion, if we were to let Nicho go we wouldn't feel the absence. I feel he's an unpolished, slightly out of sync version of Papi (not saying he has to be Papi but you get the just).
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A wonderful win over a tough opponent . Superb by everyone.

Very happy with Jennings and Reimis Smith - starting to gel.

All our 17 were fantastic .

Good to now have a 9 day break after what was a very bruising encounter. Hopefully Paps’ shoulder will be ok
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Very good performance all around. A few mistakes, but overall excellent.
Ref creating new rules cost us the only points. Since when is running 5 metres and kicking on the first not taking advantage?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Unpopular opinion 2 and 3
Terrible first half (both sides - was it pressure or perceived?)
Hughes has and takes an eternity to make his kicks and I would say not one landed close to within inside the 10m Roosters try line. His defence is excellent though, and it's gotta be on that side of the field.
Happy with the win, annoyed about the late try, but, well played by the Roosters putting and nailing the kick across
Premiers
Squall
Squall

That first half was crap from both teams. We took so many bad options and to only be 4 up at halftime was concerning.

Good win in the end but I can’t see the Roosters playing as bad as that again, and if they end up getting that All Black for hooker then they will be a real force come finals time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy with good coach talk on the two dummy halves in his post game presser. Not sure he meant anything by it but he did say Brandon has made it easy on Harry by playing the first 20 mins or so. He caught himself after he said it but still an odd thing to say in a presser. Think we can all see the difference between the two.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love the difference they both bring there. I think it must be so tough to adjust to the change in style and tempo as a defensive line
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I hope Papz will be all right. I imagine we'll have to get used to this throughout his career given his size. But it didn't look good when he appeared to go over on his knee. Add that to his shoulder injury and HIA. Incredible that he finished the game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We're going to come under some scrutiny over the way we dealt with the Munster and Grant head knocks. The Grant one in particular was very fishy.