Round 5 V Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol Nelson doesn’t use his head sometimes.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just can't get over Jackson complaining we're holding them in the ruck. That's what they've done every tackle!
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

How, just how can we get Nicho more minutes???

He is a jet.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is Hughes ok? Was he just rested or did he come off hurt?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Weird kind of game. Almost as if the guys were uninterested at times or just were looking for cheap ways to try and break the Dogs down.

Good to see Grant get through with big minutes. I thought he looked solid. Jennings and Smith are definitely getting better.

Some crafty touches from the halves too. Loved the kick for Addo-Carr’s try.

With that win - the Storm now have a winning record against every active NRL team.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:22 pm How, just how can we get Nicho more minutes???

He is a jet.
Kaufusi to centre? Eisenhuth to second row and Hynes gets Eisenuths minutes in the middle? I dunno. I can't see it happening.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jennings somehow getting beaten on the outside of him near half way followed by a bizarre 6 again call against Kenny, was really the only thing stopping this being 60-6. We dropped off in that 10 minutes and Dogs took advantage.

Harry’s passing makes us look so much sharper. Him looking that good first week back is a massive positive. Don’t mean to pile on Jennings, he’s been mostly solid but jeez is he slow. Really noticeable when you compare him to the other 2 at the back.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lucas wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:30 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:22 pm How, just how can we get Nicho more minutes???

He is a jet.
Kaufusi to centre? Eisenhuth to second row and Hynes gets Eisenuths minutes in the middle? I dunno. I can't see it happening.
I hate seeing him on the bench, he looks so dejected.

It’s hard because Brenko will be back in the centre’s soon enough, Dale will be back probably off the bench as well.

Unlikely to find him in the 17 just being the odd man out
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Preferring Jennings to Reimis Smith tbh. Smith just hasn't done anything much for me. I know he had a couple of nice passes today but, he also lost the ball in bizarre circumstances a couple of times and gets monstered every time he runs the ball.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crazy that we have to find a spot for our co-captain somewhere. Good competition for minutes obviously but someone’s going to miss out. Our only 80 minute forwards are Kenny and Felise so maybe their mins can drop a little.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jennings made 262 metres off 25 carries.
98 after contact also. Huge effort.

Some of the combinations are really starting to come together well too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting statistical quirk - after yesterday's game, the Bromwich brothers have the same try scoring rate of 0.12 tries per game (Jesse 30 in 253 and Kenny 21 in 176) and win rate of 72.73% (Jesse 184/253 and Kenny 128/176).
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not our best game of 2021, however we still managed to be the first team in the comp to score 50 points in a match. Now who's up for some 6 again roast chickens Friday night?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Our goal line defence isn't as tough without Dale in the side. We still miss him heaps.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BELLAMY DEMANDS IMPROVEMENT DESPITE STORM’S THRASHING OF BULLDOGS

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04/11/ ... -bulldogs/

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has demanded more from his side despite thrashing the Bulldogs 52-18 on Saturday night.

The reigning premiers scored nine tries in the 34-point win, but Bellamy says they must improve defensively ahead of next week’s clash against the Sydney Roosters.

"The scoreboard looks pretty good, but I was a bit disappointed with some of our defence and I thought we lost our discipline a couple of times," Bellamy told reporters post-game.

"There are a few things we'll look to improve on and a few things we'd like to keep going, obviously.

"I thought some of our shapes we ran tonight (were good) and I thought our execution and timing was better, especially our right side, which was good.

"I'm probably just looking at it a bit more defensive-minded tonight. We could've done a bit better than what we did (defensively)."

The fifth-placed Storm host the second-placed Roosters at AAMI Park next Friday nigh