Round 4 v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not much to beat, and a poor start , but it looked like we really got back into the groove. Very good to see Tui play big minutes and Tom Eisenhuth showing a lot . Trent Loiero looked totally at home, and a very big unit .

Hopefully we get more troops back soon - I am very keen to see Harry slot into the team.

Finally, well done to George Jennings tonight. A journeyman who is now and forevermore a Storm try scorer .
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well, the head-to-head against Brisbane is fairly lopsided...

Since 2017, when the Storm beat the Broncos with Addo-Carr’s late try to win 14-12, the guys have only failed to put more than 22 points past them on just one occasion.

The last three games have seen the Storm put 40 on the Broncos.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only player charged from last night's game was Patrick Carrigan for a crusher tackle on Christian Welch. Carrigan will receive one week if he pleads guilty or two if he fights it and loses.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yet again, for something that wasn't penalised though, it's like the refs are trained to look away when teams try to hurt us. Sutton is do incompetent, nepotism in action.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did ah anyone notice that in the game?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:22 pm Did ah anyone notice that in the game?
The crusher? Or the nepotism?

I saw the crusher. But because Sutton wasn’t interested in it, and Welch just got up and played the ball, it was glossed over. After he played the ball he was in pain and grabbing his neck.

We got that penalty on the halftime buzzer and the one from the drop out going out on the full, but other than that it felt like Sutton wasn’t interested in policing much.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes, I was screaming out 'crusher'
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:50 pm
The crusher? Or the nepotism?

I saw the crusher. But because Sutton wasn’t interested in it, and Welch just got up and played the ball, it was glossed over. After he played the ball he was in pain and grabbing his neck.

We got that penalty on the halftime buzzer and the one from the drop out going out on the full, but other than that it felt like Sutton wasn’t interested in policing much.
That penalty on half time siren I think we were only awarded that because Cameron Munster came in and remonstrated.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just rewatched the game and it struck me that we ran with 4 fullbacks in key positions for 28 minutes.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:12 pmThat penalty on half time siren I think we were only awarded that because Cameron Munster came in and remonstrated.
You’re probably right. I was fine with the contact, but the ref called held multiple times and kept going on with it. If the ref doesn’t call a penalty after that, it ensures the players take it into their own hands.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Average start from both teams. So many cold drops in good conditions! Can’t afford that against quality opposition.

NAS turned the game. I’m a broken record, but I just love him as a bench impact player. NAS and Cheese from the bench is what works best for us.

Loving what Eisenhuth has been bringing in his opportunities. Can see why Bellamy has faith in him. High percentage plays, tackles everything that moves and effort on effort.

Also love it when Olam gets a bit agro. When he was beaten all end up, he followed that up with his two big plays setting up the Paps tries and that shot on Paas.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dally M votes - Andrew Johns
3 Ryan Papenhuyzen
2 Tom Eisenhuth
1 Justin Olam
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nelson not at least getting a point is a crime.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Andrew Johns made reference a number of times during the call as to how great big Nelson was so I'm surprised he didn't give Nelson due votes.

Nelson's hand offs in the tackle were magnificent.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be fair, so was Welch and Tui