RD 3 vs Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Something ain't right out there....
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Absolute bullshit.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The offside challenge, or lack thereof, will be a topic of discussion in the presser I hope. Craig won't say much I expect.

A great game, edge of seat stuff. It shouldn't have been that close, and it shouldn't have been a loss but we did more for Panthers than they did for themselves so we have ourselves to blame.

3 big games in a row have taken a toll but hopefully we come out of this game healthy.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Elaborating on my initial take: If Olam passes, we win. It shouldn't take a Captain's Challenge for the video ref to correctly award a penalty to us AFTER already reviewing the play. Olam's no-try was bullshit. Some of our non-efforts in defence were very hard to watch. Jesse Bromwich is no captain*.

*Edit: to be fair to Jesse, we've been spoilt for so long having the best captain & leader in the game.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Refs were never going to give us that. That should have been a try. Also the clear offside by the Panthers with 30 seconds to go - no penalty.
Having said that, all due respect that last try saver was amazing.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That was a horrendous way to lose.

I’d say it’s extremely concerning that from half-time in round one the team has managed to only score 26 points. I mean you could argue it came down to the strength of opposition but still that’s not encouraging.
Tjubs
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If a person in a living room can see this, why can't the bunker?

https://ibb.co/FbbGJW2
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can’t fathom how video reviews can be so badly wrong.

We have been so close to 3-0 with a side that was decimated by injury before round one.

What will be interesting will be all the dirty Storm tactics talk when Eisenhuth copped a textbook dog shot and the review blunder.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:24 pm I can’t fathom how video reviews can be so badly wrong.

We have been so close to 3-0 with a side that was decimated by injury before round one.

What will be interesting will be all the dirty Storm tactics talk when Eisenhuth copped a textbook dog shot and the review blunder.
There won't be much talk about tackle on Eisenhuth. The "media" will be too busy complaining about a "hip drop" tackle by Munster in first half.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tjubs wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:19 pm If a person in a living room can see this, why can't the bunker?

https://ibb.co/FbbGJW2
Didn't fit the NRL's agenda.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently it wasn't a penalty for offside because it was knocked into our player first... that seems to be what Bellamy was told before his press conference.

And yes, the media campaign to ban Munster has already begun... =;
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:10 pm Also, after watching Edwards get hit & slip through a number of tackles in the first half, he amazingly was knocked off his feet when Kenny brushed him on the way through for Olam's try. :rolleye: He would not of prevented that try regardless.
Agreed totally but why oh why did Kenny give them the option?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:54 pm So, player is held and it's legal to shoulder charge into his ribs. Really?
I thought this exactly too. Of course Channel 9 made nothing of it and after the match didn't show footage of Tom being deliberately wounded but instead his movement (or lack of) after his play the ball. And of the dog crowd booing him when he was on the ground. And a couple of tackles later when three storm players somehow conspired to "hurt" the Panthers player's knee, the crowd were up in arms again and amazingly the player made a miraculous recovery.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What on earth was Jesse doing on the play that gave them six again?

Too many tired players again at the back end of the game. Gotta fix the rotations IMO.

Olam clearly tried to make up for last weeks kick. It’s frustrating and he should’ve passed but I don’t blame him.

Weird couple of weeks. Been in a winnable position again but couldn’t quite hold on. Maybe that’s how things will go this year but maybe we just need more time to grow. We badly need to get healthy.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Insomniac wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:44 pm Apparently it wasn't a penalty for offside because it was knocked into our player first... that seems to be what Bellamy was told before his press conference.

And yes, the media campaign to ban Munster has already begun... =;
I love how the review said at the time “knocked backwards off Reimis Smith”

So if it was a knock on from the Panthers, then knocked back off Smith before being picked up by an offside player, is it still not a penalty???