RD 3 vs Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And, FFS why didn't someone, anyone dive on the friggin ball just before Capewell scores. We did some really dumb things out there tonight.

Geez I like Chris Lewis and when he comes on, Tyson Smoothy. A few other of our forwards went missing and seem like downhill skiers to me. Kenny and Tom (while he was there) put in, Darryn is wholehearted and
Christian is doing his bit but three other big forwards are not impressing at all.

I can't wait for next week to be able to see the whole team and the tired / lazy forwards late in the second half or am I being overly critical?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:56 pm Too many tired players again at the back end of the game. Gotta fix the rotations IMO.
I think the fitness is the bigger problem, and maybe the size. Are they too big for the reduced rotations?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:56 pm Olam clearly tried to make up for last weeks kick. It’s frustrating and he should’ve passed but I don’t blame him.
Their passing hasn't always gone to hand this year, could've been passed but who's to say it would've been caught. I'd be way more critical that everything is left to a Hail Mary on the last play. It'd be nice to be 20 up and half time and going away. Sadly I can't see that happening anytime soon.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So, if Paps is back next week Nicho gets punted again? I like him lots but with Smoothy there appears to be no place.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:16 pm So, if Paps is back next week Nicho gets punted again? I like him lots but with Smoothy there appears to be no place.
Gun to my head, I’d start Smooths in the 9 and Cheese in 13. Nicho in the 14.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No doubts about it you get a lot of instant impact from Cheese in the 9. But you get overall less of it because he is gassed.

He is so suited to being a modern 13. His 60 minutes in that role would have more impact than 60 in the 9 overall. 6 Munster, 7 Hughes, 9 Harry, 13 Cheese and 1 Paps all together is so dynamic.

J Brom, Welch, Finucane, Tui, NAS the front rowers

k Brom and Felise back row

Olam, JAC, Brenko and dunno still on the other wing

Nicho bench utility
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see Bellamy’s mentioned Smith again in his presser. Not really sure what good it does to this team saying it would’ve been different if Smith played.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Yadda yadda, doom gloom, the sky is falling etc. etc.
*edited by Mods.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The season isn't over by far. Two tight away losses to top teams. We still haven't even played our best team yet; by far. Grant, Dale Finucane , Felice and Paps back are big wins,

Patience, its a long season.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:40 pm I see Bellamy’s mentioned Smith again in his presser. Not really sure what good it does to this team saying it would’ve been different if Smith played.
To be fair I think he was asked about Smith, and he did say the areas we lacked tonight were not because C. Smith wasn't out there.

What a weird game, we played pretty poorly in attack yet due to our great defensive effort we found ourselves in a winning position then... lima lima lima duck it, then almost stole it at the end.

Was impressed with Nicho tonight filling in, he is no Papenhuyzen but played his role really well.

I found fisrt half we kept trying to go down our right edge. Olam and Fox were so deadly last season, so why not try to use them more? Also, is it just me or has Fox a little pace? I thought he would have gotten closer to that kick/

I know the Panthers were missing a couple of stars but we had 5 origin players out (Dale, Brenko, Felise, Papa and Harry). So I guess I can't be too critical, I still think we are a top-4 side this season.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munsters been cleared
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The tackle looked bad but I didn't think it was technically a hip drop but you never know with the MRC.

Pole wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:16 amTo be fair I think he was asked about Smith, and he did say the areas we lacked tonight were not because C. Smith wasn't out there.
Clears things up a bit. Hopefully the questions can stop soon. Just over him being brought up.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2 games 2 close losses ...yes it sucks losing but at least they are giving up and competing till the last second yes it hurts we have been privileged for too long with cam smith so these guys will have to work out a way to win on their own
If we can’t beat Brisbane then I’ll have a complain and whinge until then I reckon the last 3 games have been pretty good I mean RD 1 was interesting but 2 and 3 were pretty good
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Reckon we'll fire up and put 50 past Brisbane... well I hope anyway.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We need to win the close games though. The disturbing part is we were in both of the last two close games up to our eyeballs and just couldn't get the job done. Hopefully this is not the trend of the year. As the season goes, it will be how we play in the games which are decided by one try or less that will determine our season not putting 50 up against the also rans.