RD 3 vs Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron Munster not charged for "hip drop" tackle.

Only player charged was Stephen Crichton who is facing fine for dangerous contact to head / neck of Chris Lewis. Funnily enough we did not receive a penalty for this incident.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Premiers wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:51 am Well that’s our season done,
Do we really need this constant dribble?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 pm
Premiers wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:51 am Well that’s our season done,
Do we really need this constant dribble?
I'm open to moving all posts by Premiers to the Dribble Bar! :thumbright:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:36 pm Cameron Munster not charged for "hip drop" tackle.

Only player charged was Stephen Crichton who is facing fine for dangerous contact to head / neck of Chris Lewis. Funnily enough we did not receive a penalty for this incident.
Leniu should have been cited for dangerous and unnecessary contact on Eisenhuth

It was obvious he had one intent and that was to maim a player without trying to lay or assist a tackle
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Far more intent to injure than Kaufusi had the week before.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:44 pm Apparently it wasn't a penalty for offside because it was knocked into our player first... that seems to be what Bellamy was told before his press conference.
Well they are wrong.
After a knock on the ball is still live - even if it touches an opposition player. The non-offending team can pick the ball up and play on. By picking up the ball in an offside position Penrith denied us that opportunity. Penalty every day of the week (except apparently March 25th).
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:03 pm
Insomniac wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:44 pm Apparently it wasn't a penalty for offside because it was knocked into our player first... that seems to be what Bellamy was told before his press conference.
Well they are wrong.
After a knock on the ball is still live - even if it touches an opposition player. The non-offending team can pick the ball up and play on. By picking up the ball in an offside position Penrith denied us that opportunity. Penalty every day of the week (except apparently March 25th).
Exactly what I thought - the only way it shouldn't have been a penalty to us for offside would be if we knocked it on after them, but as someone else already pointed out, the video ref ruled that it went backwards off Reimis.

The only way to not be cruelled by poor refereeing decisions is to ensure we're not relying on the refs to get those sorts of calls right in order for us to win - we still should've won that game anyway, but laziness/lack of urgency in defence late in the game as well as selfishness or poor decisions in try-scoring situations killed us once again.

On a positive note, I thought Reimis and Jennings looked a lot better than last week. I'd still like to see Lumelume get a run though.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:36 pm
Scooter wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:36 pm Cameron Munster not charged for "hip drop" tackle.

Leniu should have been cited for dangerous and unnecessary contact on Eisenhuth

It was obvious he had one intent and that was to maim a player without trying to lay or assist a tackle
Watching it I couldn't believe Leniu wasn't sanctioned at the time and I still can't believe he gets away with it afterwards. The Munster tackle, with three in, I still can't see how anyone can even find fault with it, or am I too biased? (I like to think I can keep my objectivity)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That tackle is called the “prowler”. Did some googling and it’s been around since at least 2008. There’s some varying opinions on its legality. Probably worth at least a fine these days.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:04 pm That tackle is called the “prowler”. Did some googling and it’s been around since at least 2008. There’s some varying opinions on its legality. Probably worth at least a fine these days.
Which one of our players invented it, or was it just another Bellamy creation? :rolleye:
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great game and all that, but it doesn’t mean shit when you lose the way we did. Disappointing in the extreme.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:08 pm
blazza18 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:04 pm That tackle is called the “prowler”. Did some googling and it’s been around since at least 2008. There’s some varying opinions on its legality. Probably worth at least a fine these days.
Which one of our players invented it, or was it just another Bellamy creation? :rolleye:
I reckon I can remember either Lima or Blair being called out for it 🙄
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:08 pm
Most famous for Riley Brown shattering Craig Wing's shoulder. The Roosters of course played the "it's not illegal card" but it cost Wing 3 months. Out and out thuggery then and now.
This one should have been charged though, even if only under the recent shoulder charge rules. With no attempt to wrap the arm it was never an attempt to tackle.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’ve worked out why our forwards are playing like crap atm...Kearney...the quicker Ryles comes back the better
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:24 am I’ve worked out why our forwards are playing like crap atm...Kearney...the quicker Ryles comes back the better
Would I be correct in thinking you don't rate Mooks as a coach? I think my opinion is well known.