Oh Captain, Oh Captain

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it'll be Paps
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:25 pm I think it'll be Paps
Possibly. Either would be a good choice.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Brandon Smith - will be part of his new contract.
til0011
Squall
Squall

Phillip Island Storm wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:45 pm I have felt for a couple of years that when Jesse Bromwich was first mentioned as a possible future captain that he wasn't what will be needed. He is a great leader of the forward pack but that is where it ends. I am deliberating whether Dale Finucane is the person, a great clubman, but he is not a talker and an organiser. I could never figure out who would be a future captain if and when the accountant retired but throughout last year and the first couple of games this year, I believe it should be Cameron Munster. He is on the field all game and shows passion, leads by example and game management smarts. Bloody hard to take the captaincy off someone without it affecting the team in someway. I hope we didn't just give it to Jesse out of loyalty. What do you think.
Decent leader but I think the fact finucane is leaving this year may mean that bellyache wants someone long term
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

C: Welch
VC: Hughes
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:22 pm C: Welch
VC: Hughes
This would be a really good combo.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Interestingly with Jessie not on the field at the time and Dale in concussion protocol, Cam Munster was the captain against Canberra when it came to making the captains challenge.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Munster actually calls the challenges a lit if the time anyway. Jesse/Dale just decide whether or not to listen.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

six rings wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:32 am Interestingly with Jessie not on the field at the time and Dale in concussion protocol, Cam Munster was the captain against Canberra when it came to making the captains challenge.
At the time it looked to me like the ref was deferring to Kenny