Brandon Smith to Roosters?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Premiers
Squall
Squall

It looks likely that Jake Friend is going to be medically retired which will mean salary cap space for Roosters to sign Brandon Smith. Plus they have just received exemption from the NRL to play Joseph Suaalii
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Brandon wont be leaving for anywhere till 2023 due to beling contracted to us. Roosters need a hooker NOW

"I'd rather spend the 200k on golf lessons if anyone can help me out."

Unless Joseph Suaalii can play hooker, he isn't going to help the Roosters this year.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He'd have the same problem there (stuck behind Verills), can't see it happening
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:57 pmHe'd have the same problem there (stuck behind Verills), can't see it happening
You genuinely think the Roosters would play Verills over Cheese if given the opportunity? I seriously doubt it.

I doubt even more that Brandon lands at Easts.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Yourhero, you contradicted yourself. What is your actual view?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Premiers wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:09 pmYourhero, you contradicted yourself. What is your actual view?
You can’t differentiate between a hypothetical selection decision and whether or not Brandon will actually sign with the Roosters? It’s not that difficult.

Back to troll school for you!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why are these bull shit threads with zero facts around it even allowed to be made?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:39 pm Why are these bull shit threads with zero facts around it even allowed to be made?
Can't stop people asking questions.
On the other hand, if they make outrageous statements designed to upset...
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Premiers
Squall
Squall

blazza18 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:39 pm Why are these bull shit threads with zero facts around it even allowed to be made?
What, like your Twitter posts?😏
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Personal attacks are unnecessary. Lets be a Melbourne Storm community that respect each other and work in a positive environment as we follow our great team.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So a number of weeks back, Brandon said that he would be staying with the Storm in 2022, effectively ending the conversation of getting a like for like replacement for him to leave (media basically ignored that though and have continued to speculate).

My question is, is Harry still seen as the first choice hooker of the future??? Or has Brandon gone past him? Durability also surely comes into the equation.

I would love to see the Brandon/Harry combo continue as is, but one of them (probably Harry) has to be happy coming off the pine. If they want success and opportunities at Premierships, they will be happy with that. It’s clearly a deadly combination unlike anything we have seen in the NRL for some time.

If they want a starting gig, just so they can say they have a starting gig, one will leave.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon would be a legitimate chance for our player of the year award
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'll tell ya what, Brandon is now very much the incumbent. You want the 9 Harry? You'll have your work cut out getting it off him!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Health withstanding, yes Harry is still a better 9. Brandon is really good but a lot of that is still down to his running game. Harry reads the game much better and has the passing skills. He’s just got to get his body right.

Ideally we give both top money to play the duel 9/13 roles. They aren’t going to get it better than at the Storm. We just have to pay up.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:26 pm Health withstanding, yes Harry is still a better 9. Brandon is really good but a lot of that is still down to his running game. Harry reads the game much better and has the passing skills. He’s just got to get his body right.

Ideally we give both top money to play the duel 9/13 roles. They aren’t going to get it better than at the Storm. We just have to pay up.
Harry is still coming along, Brandon is the human wrecking ball that holds nothing back, personal safety and longevity is not a consideration, a much better version of Isaac Luke. I am very vocal on how highly I regard Brandon but at this rate he is in danger of shortening his own career.