Round 1 vs Rabbits

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cooper Johns and Trent Loiero have dropped out of the squad.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:47 am
six rings wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:40 am With the new kid coming in, Does this show Belly Ache doesn't have the necessary confidence in Hectic Cheese at hooker? Or is the young fella that good, he commands his place in the team?
Cheese can’t play 80
Very few hookers can.
But I suspect whichever wants to be first choice No 9 will have to learn!
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If you can't make it to the game, the game is being telecast on Channel Nine in Melbourne (not 9GEM).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Smith out and yellow numbers back. Coincidence? I think not.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As noted by our resident insiders, "Tyson Smoothy is a late inclusion, replacing Nicho Hynes on the interchange, and is set to give Brandon Smith a breather at dummy-half. Darryn Schonig also dropped out of the squad."
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow this is a new storm team with a breath of fresh air. Not sure if it's the new rules or the personelle changes but it's great viewing win lose or draw.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:38 pm Wow this is a new storm team with a breath of fresh air. Not sure if it's the new rules or the personelle changes but it's great viewing win lose or draw.
Come on Nacho we are a slow, methodical, wrestling boring team.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Great to see Storm have replaced Suli with a clone who rushes up and in and lets them score tries on the outside
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Once again we're failing to slide in defence effectively to our right - I can't really blame the new guys at centre & wing completely for how vulnerable we looked on that side.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:00 pm Once again we're failing to slide in defence effectively to our right - I can't really blame the new guys at centre & wing completely for how vulnerable we looked on that side.
I'm going to be harsher than you then. No co-ordination whatsoever between Jennings and R. Smith. Didn't seem to know who should be inside and who should be out. The slide wasn't great, but Jennings and Smith did a great job of turning 2 on 2 into 3 on 2 - in the Bunnies favour. Needs sorting and quick.

Other than that, really good performance.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All things considered that was really good first outing. South's were really threatening with the ball.
Obviously the new combinations need work. I thought Jennings running from the back was solid. Reimis was good too.
I thought NAS lacked his usual impact at 13.

Anyway great to see them back and win against the "Premiership Favourites" first up.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really clinical first 30 then we sorta just went through the motions as Souths tried to come back. We seem to put so much into starting well that it takes a lot out of us. Gotta find the right balance.

Right edge was just a mess and you can see the outside two have never played with each other. No idea how that side gets even to passable levels this season.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When we get so far in front, you can see the mindset switch to ‘defend the lead’. Going for goal twice, after possession turned and South’s had a lot of ball and field position, gave South’s a boost IMO. I’d prefer us to sometimes just plant ourselves on the goal line and aim for repeat sets.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The opening two sets - One offensive, one defensive, were as good a start as we have probably ever had.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can we do that again ...last night was fun