Will Jahrome Hughes stay?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surely with Cameron Smith gone, we can offer Jarhome Hughes a 3 year deal at about $2.2-2.3 million. He is worth that for sure. Would be a great scope if we can keep him.

MELBOURNE’S DILEMMA AS RIVAL CLUBS CIRCLE HUGHES

How much is a premiership-winning halfback worth in 2021?

We’re about to find out in the form of off-contract Melbourne Storm star Jahrome Hughes.

Hughes is the primary target of the Cronulla Sharks and Brisbane Broncos for next season and is set to sit down with the Melbourne Storm in the coming weeks.

We’ve been told the Kiwi Test halfback wants to try and have his future settled before the season kicks off in March.

We’ve also heard some clubs might be prepared to table him an offer in excess of $800,000-a-season.

It means the premiers Melbourne have a major decision to make.

Hughes came of age as a halfback in the big end-of-season games last year and played a major role in the Storm winning the club’s fourth premiership.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

With Roger Tuivasa-Sheck eyeing a code switch to Rugby Union, I think the chances of Jahrome Hughes going to the NZ Warriors has increased considerably. If Jahrome plays as well as he did last year again this year, he will be an obvious target. RTS was on about 1 million so the New Zealand Warriors will have plenty of cash and the go home factor will be big for Jahrome.

Also looks like Brandon Smith will go to the Gold Coast Titans, we are being picked apart.

It Would be interesting next year if we have the Foxx, the Cheese, Jahrome Hughes and Belly Ache all leave. That's a lot of change.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:38 pm With Roger Tuivasa-Sheck eyeing a code switch to Rugby Union, I think the chances of Jahrome Hughes going to the NZ Warriors has increased considerably. If Jahrome plays as well as he did last year again this year, he will be an obvious target. RTS was on about 1 million so the New Zealand Warriors will have plenty of cash and the go home factor will be big for Jahrome.

Also looks like Brandon Smith will go to the Gold Coast Titans, we are being picked apart.

It Would be interesting next year if we have the Foxx, the Cheese, Jahrome Hughes and Belly Ache all leave. That's a lot of change.
My advice.

Take a bex and have a lie down.

We'll be fine.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yes i understand but if you include this years losses of Suli and Cam Smith that is a turnover of almost half the positions and many of the key backline.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

WARRIORS TARGET STORM STAR TO REPLACE RTS

The Warriors are reportedly eyeing Storm halfback Jahrome Hughes as a replacement for outgoing fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

The Warriors skipper will leave the club at the end of the season to take up a deal with rugby union’s Auckland Blues and chase a dream of playing at the 2023 World Cup.

That has left a big hole at No.1 and the Warriors believe former fullback and current Melbourne No.7 Hughes could be the man to fill the void.

“Hughes is off-contract at the end of the year and Melbourne want to keep him,” Dean Ritchie told The Big Sports Breakfast.

“There is talk around the Warriors who are losing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck that they are interested in him and want to play him as fullback.

“His manager hopes to have some suitors by the end of the week, so they can start to move forward in terms of negotiations.”
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/ ... de=premium

Massive bid set to knock premiers out of race for star
Melbourne Storm will likely have to groom a new halfback for 2022 after a premiership rival in the NZ Warriors came in with a mega money bid to land one of the most sought-after playmakers in the game.

It seems the amount of money and length of contract make it impossible for us to combat.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He should take the money and laugh but I hope he thinks long and hard about staying with us., even if it's for a little less. He wont have it any better than what he has right now.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:19 pm https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/ ... de=premium

Massive bid set to knock premiers out of race for star
Melbourne Storm will likely have to groom a new halfback for 2022 after a premiership rival in the NZ Warriors came in with a mega money bid to land one of the most sought-after playmakers in the game.

It seems the amount of money and length of contract make it impossible for us to combat.
Not a Herald Sun subscriber so can't read the article. What $$$ and how long have they offered Jahrome ?

Interesting article on Storm website about Jahrome's loyalty...thought the nature of the article and its timing was more than a little coincidental.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Is he goes then he’s dead to me like that traitor Cronk
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:01 pm He should take the money and laugh but I hope he thinks long and hard about staying with us., even if it's for a little less. He wont have it any better than what he has right now.
Agreed totally. Very few have left the Storm and gone on to greater things, Cronk may be the only exception.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bullucked wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:50 pm
blazza18 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:01 pm He should take the money and laugh but I hope he thinks long and hard about staying with us., even if it's for a little less. He wont have it any better than what he has right now.
Agreed totally. Very few have left the Storm and gone on to greater things, Cronk may be the only exception.
Cronk went on to other things, not greater things.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The only 3 who spring to mind as having maintained anything close to the level of play they achieved at the Storm were Cronk, Inglis and Harris. Really hard to think of any others unless you count guys who didn't get much of a chance like Maloney.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty sure that’s why we have kept Cooper johns ...he will be our next halfback
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I wish we had Jahrome tied up for this season and next.

We will know by the end of this year his value if Cam out.

Hard to gauge at the moment. Could go either way this contract - over paid or fair deal.

Got offers in the 800 per year mark, hard to want to pay that at the moment but also somewhat justifiable.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:10 pm I wish we had Jahrome tied up for this season and next.

We will know by the end of this year his value if Cam out.

Hard to gauge at the moment. Could go either way this contract - over paid or fair deal.

Got offers in the 800 per year mark, hard to want to pay that at the moment but also somewhat justifiable.
I am on the side of 'if theyll pay you that much, you'd be mad not to leave' but if the quotes are correct Hughes literally said Storm Culture > money alone. It is a great move by an agent to make clubs try harder, but also good to hear that our culture is alive and well post-big 3 and soon to be post-bellamy