Will Jahrome Hughes stay?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:01 pm He should take the money and laugh but I hope he thinks long and hard about staying with us., even if it's for a little less. He wont have it any better than what he has right now.
Glad he decided to stay and continue to work on his craft with us.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TBH I thought he'd go. I figured with RTS heading out that the money offered to Jahrome would be too good to refuse.

Maybe we matched them. With Cam Smith going and JAC and Brandon to probably follow we may well have decided to splash the cash.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... f25eb9351d

“It tells me one or two things. It tells me, A, that he knows exactly who the coach is going to be and B it is either going to be Craig Bellamy or it is going to be Jason Ryles.

“I don’t think he would go outside that system right now without Cameron Smith and not be coached by Bellamy or his assistant Ryles, who led them to the grand final victory last year.

“I think it is going to be one of the two Bellamy or Ryles because a player like him he could have got $1 million at the Warriors. He could have got $1 million somewhere else. He could have been a million dollar player because he had such a breakout season.”

The 26-year-old will be 30 by the time his Storm deal comes to an end and while it is hard to predict who will be the Melbourne coach by then, Geyer believes he would have been told who will coach the team in 2022.

“He would have to know who the coach is going to be to sign on,” Geyer said.

“He would have said to the hierarchy at Melbourne, before I sign this extension I want to know who the coach is going to be while I’m here.

“Of course they would have told him he is the playmaker. Frank Ponissi would have definitely given him that and I’m pretty sure he would know right now exactly who the coach is going to be.”

The Storm who now have all their spine players Harry Grant, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Cameron Munster and Jahrome Hughes all locked up.

“Watch the juggernaut roll on,” Geyer said.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CB to coach 1 - 2 more years at Storm...so Jason Ryles can finish his coaching stint o/s...then Rylesy to be the next head coach of Storm after CB
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Frank is just as big a signature as Jahrome

Speaking of signatures, halfback Jahrome Hughes wasn’t the only key signature the premiers nailed this week. The Storm’s General Manager of Football - Frank Ponissi - has also been extended until the end of 2024. Forget the CEO’s who’ve come and gone at Storm HQ, Ponissi has been Bellamy’s right-hand man dating all the way back to 2007. Aside from ranking among the best operators in rugby league, he’s also one of the best blokes you’ll meet O0