Will Jahrome Hughes stay?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:39 pm The only 3 who spring to mind as having maintained anything close to the level of play they achieved at the Storm were Cronk, Inglis and Harris. Really hard to think of any others unless you count guys who didn't get much of a chance like Maloney.
Yep. There’s been a truckload of blokes who have uninspiring starts to their career , come to the Storm and find themselves playing State of Origin or even test footy , leave for big bucks then disappear into obscurity( or , even worse, to the English league ) . Plenty of them front rowers too. Can’t blame any of them, but you’d think the other clubs would wake up to the fact that in many cases, it is the Melbourne system that makes them play so well. Bellamy really is able to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear !!

One player who has done well post- Storm is Marika. Not that I have seen him play, as I cannot stomach Union , but he seems to be entrenched in the Wallabies team. Will be interesting to see if Suli ( off to a rocky start ) can match him.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just listening to Matty Johns on SEN in Sydney.

Evidently it is signed, sealed and delivered

Jarhome Hughes is going to the New Zealand Warriors from next year on a 4 year deal at $750,000 a year

We are getting Shaun Johnson from the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks on a two year deal to replace him.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Haha good trolling mate 🤗🤗🤣🤣🤣
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:18 am Just listening to Matty Johns on SEN in Sydney.

Jarhome Hughes is going to the New Zealand Warriors from next year on a 4 year deal at $750,000 a year

We are getting Shaun Johnson from the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks on a two year deal to replace him.
Hmm, I am not upset if we lose Hughes, its a matter of time really. I just hope he flourishes with the Warriors if this does happen.

I've always admired SJ if this rumour is true, I hope he can find his old-self in our system.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I am just telling you what they said on a reputable Sydney radio show this morning. As per the Melbourne Storm, either way, we have a very good player.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:18 am Just listening to Matty Johns on SEN in Sydney.

Why the **** would we buy Shaun if we have Cooper johns and have been putting work into him for 3 years
Premiers
Squall
Squall

It’s not true Sally so don’t worry
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If they chose the Shaun Johnson option, its because they clearly don't think Cooper is ready or he requires some competition from an experienced player or given his injury history, they can get Shaun on a relatively cheap deal.

I'm not dictating if it is true or not, I'm just saying that this talking point was the opening discussion on Matt Johns SEN show on Friday with Greg Alexander.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just skimmed through some of the pod. Johnson was brought up as going to Melbourne when Hughes was mentioned being offered plenty from NZ. Sounded like it was just a rumour and Brandy's mentioned it as a fact. Not sure what to make of it.
Stormfaithful69
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

blazza18 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:29 pm Just skimmed through some of the pod. Johnson was brought up as going to Melbourne when Hughes was mentioned being offered plenty from NZ. Sounded like it was just a rumour and Brandy's mentioned it as a fact. Not sure what to make of it.
Where is the podcast? Could you send link plesse
Stormfaithful69
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

What minute?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't know, it was earlish
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone