Tino Fa’asuamaleaui

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Contract clause leaves Tino open to poaching
Origin star Tino Fa’asuamaleaui could be the NRL’s buy of the year — but he has a sneaky clause in his Gold Coast Titans contract that will catch the eye of rival clubs.

I, like most Storm fans are extremely sad to see Tino go. He added so much to our side last year and his improvement was massive. he complemented our other forwards too who I thought had a great year together working as a pack. They are the reason we won the grand final. The Storm very rarely get it wrong but how they let Tino get out the front door was unfortunate. Tino is an Australian international level player and should command about $600-700,000 a year. Especially as he is young and should only get better as he matures. I know he went home to be close to family but i'm sure at the right price, he would entertain coming back given the good memories he has.

We should keep an eye on him as Tino has a clause in his contract that says he can leave the titans at the right price. Interesting.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Obviously he is in the honeymoon period, and his first full season of FG was not the norm (out of Melb, in the bubble etc) but his recent interview indicates he is looking to build his life up north and who can blame him. I wouldnt hold my breath hoping he comes back ever again.

In saying that, I am firmly of the belief that Tino will be an elite player very soon, I cannot wait to watch his career hit astronomical highs over the next few years. Can't exactly see him holding another premiership trophy though.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Maybe if Cam Smith comes to throw him the ball, he might have a chance of at least making finals.