Fox on the Run

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Josh Ado Carr, The Fox far from den: Storm star Addo-Carr stuck in Sydney
The Fox has been trapped in Sydney, with Melbourne Storm star Josh Addo-Carr banned from returning to Victoria for pre-season training.

Hope they get him a special disputation to join our boys in training.

having said that, all he really needs to do is turn up uninjured for the first game of the season and he will still score 2 tries.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/news/nr ... r-BB1cTIY5

Josh Addo-Carr trains under Wallabies assistant coach following Melbourne lockout, reports
Sporting News 3 hrs ago
Jennifer Lopez: glamor pics and dresses, from Super Bowl to Inauguration
An electric-car battery that can be charged as fast as filling up your gas tank…

Melbourne Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr has spent the past several days training under Wallabies assistant coach Scott Wisemantel on the NSW north coast, according to multiple reports.

The 25-year-old spent Christmas in Sydney and was subsequently banned from crossing the Victorian border in time to return to pre-season training with Craig Bellamy’s squad following a COVID-19 outbreak.

As first reported by The Sydney Morning Herald, Addo-Carr and Storm team-mate George Jennings headed further north to Lennox Head following their lockout.

In between signing autographs for the locals, the pair have been sweating it out in a training group of rugby union prospects run by Wisemantel and former Wallabies and Brisbane Broncos playmaker Berrick Barnes.

It is understood the Storm arranged the unusual cross-code pre-season pit stop.

The 2020 NRL premiers lost Addo-Carr’s wing partner Suliasu Vunivalu to Super Rugby franchise the Queensland Reds following their grand-final triumph over Penrith.

NSW Blues and Kangaroos flyer Addo-Carr won’t be joining Vunivalu in the 15-man game despite his brief pre-season code switch.

‘The Fox’, who recently signed a four-year deal with Canterbury starting in 2022, will rejoin his Storm team-mates early next week at the latest after completing 14 days outside of the greater Sydney area.

Addo-Carr and Jennings could return to Bleak City later this week if they are granted an exemption by the Victorian government.

i'm glad they got their dig about Melbourne being Bleak City. Although if they were here today; they would rejoice at what a gorgeous morning it is!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I went to training, Josh is back and looking cut out of stone. The Foxx could improve even more this year. I reckon he looks even physically stronger than last year if that is possible.

I reckon he has done a heap of upper body weight training while he was in ISO.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Premiership the main goal for Josh Addo-Carr after missing out on early Melbourne Storm exit

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/news/pr ... &mkt=en-us

Josh Addo-Carr will play his final season in Melbourne Storm colours in 2021 - but don't think for a second that means his mind is elsewhere.

The 25-year old will link up with the Canterbury Bulldogs next season, after a lengthy contract saga saw him turn down the Wests Tigers and remain in Melbourne for the final year of his contract.

'The Fox' has been at the Storm since 2017, and while under the tutelage of Craig Bellamy, has risen to unbelievable heights and is regarded by many as the best winger in the world.

Addo-Carr has only joined the rest of the group this week, after spending time back home in Sydney as well as training at Lennox Head with recruit George Jennings and Wallabies assistant coach Scott Wisemantel.

He admitted while it has been a strange off-season for him, his sole focus is on lifting the trophy again in October before heading to Belmore.

“It’s been a strange one. Obviously I had a bit more time off than everyone else, so it’s been good to see the boys, the coaching staff and some of the new faces," he said.

“It was me and George Jennings up there. We had a couple of young fellas from the local community, and it would have been a bit boring if it was just trained by ourselves.

"I spoke to Trent (Barrett) a couple of times on the phone, and obviously Panthers had a really successful year (with Barrett as assistant). I’m super excited that my future is settled, but my focus here is on the Storm.

"I would have liked to have gone home a bit earlier, but being away in Twin Waters refreshed my mind a bit.

"I know my future is sorted. It is what it is, I’m here enjoying my time with my teammates. I absolutely love the club and I enjoy coming to training every day.

“The number one goal is to lift that trophy again. That’s why we are doing the pre-season – to set the year up."

Addo-Carr has scored 73 tries in 97 games for the Storm, and according to some reputable sources within the game, he is the fastest man in the world.

After spending the start of his career with the Sharks and Tigers, Addo-Carr revealed he often reflects on his move to Melbourne when speaking to younger players.

“Wherever I go, I always tell young fellas if they get the opportunity to come to the Melbourne Storm, take it,' he said.

"Just because you learn what rugby league is, you learn a lot about yourself.

"That’s when you will become a rugby league player."