Upcoming Webhost Change - Boxing Day

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hi folks, firstly, really appreciate everyone who comes here to contribute or just to lurk! It's great to have you around!

Secondly, I've decided to switch webhosts and bring the site home to an Australian company and server. What that means is in the next couple of weeks, we'll be moving physical servers. What impact will this have on you? Hopefully none. If all goes to plan, we'll have a very small outage where everything will transfer and the wonders of the internet will do it's thing and we'll be in the new place. I'll let you know when that will be as soon as I know!

One of the big changes you also won't notice is that I'll be finally getting an SSL certificate for this domain, which means if you've been getting pesky "this site isn't verified" messages from your browser, they'll just go away.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hey Buzz...I know it’s vulgar to discuss money, but is there a need for donations to help host Stormfans.Club with the new entity. Just put the message out when you need donations to assist keeping this awesome forum up and running.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I appreciate the thought. Once I've gone through the hosting change, I'll look at adding a Donate button of some sort. By moving to the new host, the cost for the first year drops significantly whilst getting a better service. It is a 50% discount for the first year but even without the discount will still be cheaper than the current host.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m in for a donation too ..I didn’t get a chance to last time and have felt bad since
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hello all, I’d like to donate as well.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hi all - I'm attempting to undergo the migration from Boxing Day. If all goes well, it should be done in one day. However, be patient with me if it doesn't. I'll mark the board as under maintenance. If all goes to plan, next time you visit, we'll be on the new server and everything will look and act the same!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No worries Buzz. I think we can live with the site being down for a while over the Christmas break!

I would also be happy to contribute to costs.

Thanks for your work on the site .