Cam new Book

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:03 pm Surely a decision has to be made soo, they players are back for preseason soon arenth they?
Nope I heard frank Ponessi and Ryan Hoffman both on the radio 2 different radio stations saying none of the players will be back at the club till the 4th of January ...they will start in Melbourne and only move if the 100% have too
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:58 pm
Pole wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:03 pm Surely a decision has to be made soo, they players are back for preseason soon arenth they?
Contracts for 2021 are already in effect. Cam isn't collecting a playing pay cheque for the first time since he was a kid.

There is a 6 week mandatory stand down for all players every year as dictated by the Enterprise Agreement. I imagine some of the squad will be back mid-December and Origin players (maybe a few other senior players) will be given until after X-Mas/mid-Jan.
This is also a slightly forgotten point.

Which Club apart from Storm would have set aside close to $1 million for Cam to play in 2021 ?

Even the Titans, you'd expect, would be sailing close to their salary cap for 2021 with all their big signings.

It might be fine if Cam takes a serious haircut on his contract....but why would he do that, especially to play with another team for a year ??
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
St Helens Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Desperate for the book but I can’t find any information on it coming out here.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

St Helens Storm wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:38 am Desperate for the book but I can’t find any information on it coming out here.
Maybe write to the publisher and see how you go.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

St Helens Storm wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:38 am Desperate for the book but I can’t find any information on it coming out here.
If worst comes to worst I could buy it and send it to you
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:15 am
Great to see Storm fans looking after eachother!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:22 pm
Great to see Storm fans looking after eachother!
I know the feeling of waiting forever for something to come to Australia so to help someone is fine by me
St Helens Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thank you, I’ve managed to find a copy in the UK.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeahhhhhhh enjoy reading
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Cam is returning to Melbourne next Tuesday to sign his book in the city.

Ive been wondering lately if he has been waiting until he could get back into melbourne to make an announcement on his playing future. Maybe he wanted to announce it in Melbourne at AAMI park or something, could be wrong, but just a feeling i have had.
Utha
Squall
Squall

GOAT's chat with Bloke In A Bar Denan Kemp here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMFH8Zb ... lokeInABar
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just finished the book. It reads like he's retiring. Really great to see his perspective on so much of it. Especially to see that he has the same thoughts on Gallop that we all do. Very refreshing to read an autobiography that pulls so few punches.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I read Cams book. Good read. He kind of wanders all over the shop a bit like he talks. He goes from big picture to the small very quickly and you can tell the last few months were tacked on at the end as he didn't really give the 2020 Grand Final enough time imo.

Wonder what hei si going to do now. Evidently all his kit is still in his Melbourne Storm locker still. Like he just left it there and never came back.

He has only been in Melbourne for one day since the 2020 Premiership for a book signing.

Its all very strange.