Junior Reps 2021

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Post news.

Brisbane Tigers
NRL Victoria
Sunshine Coast Falcons
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Suzuki Brisbane Tigers 2021 Hasting Deering Colts U21’s and Auswide Bank Meninga Cup U18’s Train-on Squads

MM
Alecpoe Leota, Antioch Faitala, Asukulu Baruani, Bradley Clarke, Caleb Tokam, Danial O'Shaunnessy, Dylan Gibb, Ethan Palanga, Ezekiel Laumatia-Tupou, Harry Spragg, Jake Self, Jackson Barling, Jackson Chang, Jarrad Homan, Jodeci Henaway, Jordan Abel, Lachlan Razib, Lance Fualema, Madison Beckett, Max Nelson, Nuilati Lale, Regan Olsen, Rickson Aliva, Ryan Jackson, Te Anau Papali'i, Teapo Stoltman, Tom Wheen, Tupou Fe'ao, Zack Lamont (Storm linked)

HDC
Alfred Hape, Alastair Molony, Benjamin Thompson, Blake Sekona, Bradley Russell, Brock Ashton, Dan Marjanovic, David Telea, Eli Daunt, Emarly Bitungane, Ethan Mumford, Harry Blake, Harry Farimbella, Harry Tombs, Henry Abdul-Rahman, Jackson Deacon, Jackson Morgan, Jasper Giaroli, Jonah Glover, Jordan Penquitt, Josh Colls, Jude Saldanha, Kaelin Kerekere, Kaya Anapa, Larson Dale-Doyle, Lewis Gibb, Logan Finn, Max Kruger, Moses Jones, Oliver Bichel, Rhys Sparey, Sam Wilmot, Shaquille McLeod, Trent Manihera-Paul, Trent Wedding

Source: https://thetigers.com.au/articles/kboga ... up-squads/
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NRL Victoria Thunderbolts Statement
https://www.nrlvic.com/post/nrl-victori ... -statement
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s so disappointing...let’s hope they do get something up
Although I fear they will Be months behind and it won’t look great in scores

My guess would be that any player who wants to be a thunderbolt should go play for Easts or falcons for the year but that doesn’t look great either

Sigh
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Must be so frustrating for NRL Vic and Storm, the NRL give Victoria absolute crumbs when the AFL pump millions into places like NSW and QLD to develop the game. The fact is there are way more Victorian raised Union players than league, and that speaks volumes considering how successful Melbourne Storm have been and how irrelevant the Rebels are, yes I know Union historically has been stronger in Victoria but you would think in the last 15-20 years that gap would have closed. RANT OVER!
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:27 am It’s so disappointing...let’s hope they do get something up
Although I fear they will Be months behind and it won’t look great in scores

My guess would be that any player who wants to be a thunderbolt should go play for Easts or falcons for the year but that doesn’t look great either

Sigh
Agree, very disappointing. If the NRL can't provide the funds (assuming funding cut in half), perhaps one of the clubs sponsors could get on board?

Grill'd Thunderbolts?
Rockcote Thunderbolts?
Suzuki Thunderbolts?

Will be interesting to see if any Victorian players make the Falcons squads as none made the Tigers.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How does this impact on Jack Howarth ? Is he expected to join our main squad next year even though he ( I think ) is only 18 ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:35 pm How does this impact on Jack Howarth ? Is he expected to join our main squad next year even though he ( I think ) is only 18 ?
Think he is contracted to Easts tigers so will be on a dev contract with storm training all week with storm then fly up to play
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It;s good that QLD Cup will be back next season giving these guys some footy.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:48 am
RobbieRoss wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:35 pm How does this impact on Jack Howarth ? Is he expected to join our main squad next year even though he ( I think ) is only 18 ?
Think he is contracted to Easts tigers so will be on a dev contract with storm training all week with storm then fly up to play
Thanks Sallymay - we do not want to lose him !
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nsw cup put out a statement yesterday saying they were going ahead with the comp next year as a 10 team comp in all competition age groups with Victoria and Warriors cut

Not looking good for our boys I’m afraid
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:53 am Nsw cup put out a statement yesterday saying they were going ahead with the comp next year as a 10 team comp in all competition age groups with Victoria and Warriors cut

Not looking good for our boys I’m afraid
Only for NSW Cup was the press release.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cowboys have pinched Jack Bowyer-Bowen.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well that sucks
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Looks like Desmond Raukete (Eels SG Ball) has signed so will be playing for one of the Colts feeder sides.