World Cup Challenge

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

With the way the world is I doubt that we will have to play the World Cup Challenge against the Super League champs. I think this is a blessing.
Last edited by glennb on Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, can't see it happening either
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Me neither, especially with what's going on in the Super League this year, games being cancelled due to players and staff testing positive over there. They'll be lucky to even finish their season.

However, I'm a big fan of the game and think we need to push it more, I would like to see it come to Australia more often too. I think the game against Leeds in 2018 was a huge success, good crowd (20,000) and the Leeds fans really made it a great atmosphere.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’ve heard it’s been cancelled
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not surpised, I would love NRL and English clubs to do more as well other than just a one off WCC. I guess the calendar is packed with SOO and internationals every year.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

World cup year next year, covid, shortened ore season due to late season endings - just in the too hard basket this time I suspect
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looking forward to next year's World Cup!
St Helens Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Super League have said they’re looking at playing it later than usual in 2021, which is the same tactic they used for this year’s Magic Weekend, so I fully expect it to be off. Which, for me, would be terrible if Saints manage to beat Catalans and Wigan next week. It would be Saints v Storm, which was the game in 2000 that saw me fall for the Storm.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

St Helens Storm wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:40 am Super League have said they’re looking at playing it later than usual in 2021, which is the same tactic they used for this year’s Magic Weekend, so I fully expect it to be off. Which, for me, would be terrible if Saints manage to beat Catalans and Wigan next week. It would be Saints v Storm, which was the game in 2000 that saw me fall for the Storm.
I would love for it to go ahead, but can't really see it happening, I don't think there would be enough will from the NRL/Storm unfortunately, he English team would have to come out here I reckon if it were to run, like Leeds in 2018.

ANyway, ST Helens vs Catalans about to kick off in 30 minutes ubn the Prelim!