2020 Grand Final - Panthers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Read a good breakdown of the game here - https://rlwriters.substack.com/p/take-t ... rand-final

Looks like we did have another great try scoring opportunity with 16 to go. A shame Brenko didn't take the easier option with Suli wide open on the sideline.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:10 am Read a good breakdown of the game here - https://rlwriters.substack.com/p/take-t ... rand-final

Looks like we did have another great try scoring opportunity with 16 to go. A shame Brenko didn't take the easier option with Suli wide open on the sideline.
Ah yes, my elderly Asian neighbour would be able to tell you exactly what my thoughts were on Lee taking the line on himself... I'm sure she would have heard me.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:32 pm The hymn for Suli should be the poster of what the Melbourne Storm are
That was awesome.
Re Suli, I think he put together his best back to back performance in his career against Canberra and then the GF. I think every single Storm fan rode him home like Bellamy did lol.

I have watched the replay so many times. More than any other year tbh. Well maybe not 99 since there were 8 years between drinks.
Anyway awesome performance from the whole side. NAS was my favourite on the night. Absolute wrecking ball.
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Just an amazing effort from the whole club. Everything we went through this year.

I think back to this time last year though. It seemed like we were starting to fall apart.
Will chambers, Curtis scott and brodie croft left all in contract, no big losses but left us a bit uncertain in the centres particuarly, then it was announced that Suli, Addo Carr and Tino were to leave at 2020, was expected to be Cam last year, and it really felt like the place was starting to slowly fall apart.

But this club has again showed in 2020 just how lucky we are to have them. So proud to be a Storm supporter and we may never have it this good again, but will always get great effort and enjoyment from whoever represents the club.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahahaha, that is excellent :lol:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So I just went back and had a look at our results this year. It really is quite incredible.

In Round 6 we lost in a close game to the Panthers - We were without Munster and JAC but the Panthers were just better that night.

Since then we have played 17 games. We lost two of those;
1. Against the Eels in Round 15. We were in an injury crisis at the time, missing the GOAT, Munster, J Bromwich, Hughes, Finucane and Vunivalu. We lost 14-0.
2. Against the Dragons in Round 20. We rested virtually the entire top 17 and lost by 8.

When you consider what the team went through in 2020 - playing 2 home games all year - it is astonishing. The achievement of this group has not really been acknowledged by the media, but it should. One of the more remarkable stories in Australian sporting history.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:51 am So I just went back and had a look at our results this year. It really is quite incredible.

In Round 6 we lost in a close game to the Panthers - We were without Munster and JAC but the Panthers were just better that night.

Since then we have played 17 games. We lost two of those;
1. Against the Eels in Round 15. We were in an injury crisis at the time, missing the GOAT, Munster, J Bromwich, Hughes, Finucane and Vunivalu. We lost 14-0.
2. Against the Dragons in Round 20. We rested virtually the entire top 17 and lost by 8.

When you consider what the team went through in 2020 - playing 2 home games all year - it is astonishing. The achievement of this group has not really been acknowledged by the media, but it should. One of the more remarkable stories in Australian sporting history.
Yourhero Munster played in round 6 but Hughes didn't.

Your points are correct. That is why I thought we were a good chance of winning because Foxx and Hughes didn't play in round 6, we played poorly and only lost by 7.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:17 amYourhero Munster played in round 6 but Hughes didn't.
Sh*t! You are right. Wrong half...
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Correct, Round 6 is also a life time ago too...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I swear I feel like this year has been like 3 seasons in 1...I can’t remember games from round 1 to about round 8
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Season went so long people forget our season was actually ended by the Raiders in round 3.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:04 pm Season went so long people forget our season was actually ended by the Raiders in round 3.
Oh so true
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I remember watching 360 after Round 3 and Paul Crawley was so excited at what he thought was the demise of the Melbourne Storm :lol: :lol:
moffla
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Won a cheeky bit of pocket money on the game... so I treated myself
https://officialmemorabilia.com.au/melb ... 2218.phtml