2020 Grand Final - Panthers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So we now know that we have the Panthers...

They weren’t that great tonight but where they did look exceptional is their kicking game. Cleary made almost every kick a contest which is 100% what you want to do. We haven’t done that all year... when he hasn’t kicked high, he has found grass and turned the fullback around.

Once again Minor Premiers play second in the big dance.
If we start with the same intensity we did against the Raiders, I think we again jump out to an early lead and hold on to win.

Bring on Grand Final week!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

They fell over the line tonight, as they did against Easts. They are off the boil a bit . They do get Kikau back. They had 2 blokes with swinging arms , but unless they have carryover points will be ok to play.

I was hoping Souths would get over the line as they would have been ripe for the picking next week as Cowboys were in 2017. However we are clicking into gear, have the extra day’s rest after an easier game . Off to the big one again with a big chance!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lima lima lima duck I’m nervous

Kikau is back which makes then 300 time better then Cleary
Then the whole bloody panthers
They haven’t lost all year

I’m worried Bad....I’ve said all year panthers would with the GF if they made the final I just didn’t realise it would be bloody vs us

Sigh
Bartos
Squall
Squall

This game is reminiscent of the 2006 grand final with roles reversed. The dominating runaway minor premiers with little big game experience against an experienced stacked side with a champion clubman retiring (webcke/Smith)

Can see it going the same way
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any news on Brandon Smith?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Smith was cleared yesterday arvo.

Cleary's kicking game probably concerns me the most right now. Dude knows how to control a game and we certainly aren't the best at defusing kicks close to the line.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm quietly confident, Cleary is the best player in the league this year, but they are so reliant on him, if we can limit his influence I think we'll win.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feel like Cleary has been good but it's off the back of everything around him being great and he gets the plaudits. I wonder if singling him out works as a detriment.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kick pressure needs to be a priority. Force Cleary into poor kicks. Less concerned about Luai's kicking game and feel if we rush him, there is more chance of him stepping and cutting us apart. But Cleary needs to be pressured and put on the grass after every kick.
moffla
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

This is such a hard game to predict. They have not won 17 straight out of luck...they've easily been the best side of all year.
On the other hand, they have limped to victory in their two finals games, and based on the weekend we are well prepped.

As others have touched on, Clearly is their #1 attacking danger. We can't stop his influence completely but we can limit. Pressure him early, force his hand.
Muscle up against Kikau especially close to the line...we know what he can do.

I feel like stars have aligned for us to get one more title in the Smith/Bellamy era...this may be our finest ever moment.

Excited, nervous, can't wait. Is it too early to start drinking?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really don’t want Sunday to come cause I’m scared of what will happen

Scared that they will lose and look bad
Scared they will lose and Penrith will win
Scared cause it’s the end ...it’s so final ;(
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm nervous but confident, I really believe we have what it takes.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I legitimately hate that we're wearing our white jerseys.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Black doesn't clash with purple, I don't get why one team always has to wear the away kit in grand finals.

Anyway - if anyone has a membership presale number they're not using, I'd be forever grateful to take it off your hands! I'm looking to get over from Adelaide.
big_m
Squall
Squall

Very nervous about the game already: I think it will be really tough. If we play at our full potential then I think we should win as I think we have the better coach and the more proven players in big games. We seem to have big games where we just don't turn up though, like the roosters GF two years ago, and that always worries me.

Regardless of the outcome though it's been an unbelievable season. For a team that hasn't played a game at home since March to make the GF is incredible, and if we do win then this would surely be our biggest achievement.

As a side note, does anyone else think Jahrome has quietly become one of the best halfbacks in the whole comp? And I know that Suli gets a hard time on here for some of his performances but I for one will really miss him: look at the impact he made at the weekend.

Enjoy the game everyone.