2020 Grand Final - Panthers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

For 80 minutes last Sunday I loathed the Channel Nein commentary with it's obvious Panthers bias from Gould.

Now I will treasure it forever with Phil "Smug-git" Gould looking like the clueless prat he truly is.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Utha
Squall
Squall

TC wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:49 am For 80 minutes last Sunday I loathed the Channel Nein commentary with it's obvious Panthers bias from Gould.

Now I will treasure it forever with Phil "Smug-git" Gould looking like the clueless prat he truly is.
I'm proudly wearing the "Suck it Gus" T-shirt from League Tees this afternoon.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Supposedly NRL aren't happy about the t shirts the players wore with the 6 premiership rings. Too bad, it's not offensive and doesn't hurt anyone. Only an issue because they are controlled by the media.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bahahaha haha and now Sandor and Phil are about to sell them to the public
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I will buy one
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:14 am Bahahaha haha and now Sandor and Phil are about to sell them to the public
Got a link?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw that on socials... Any quote from the NRL? Or is it just one pseudo-journalist not happy with it and trying to create a story?

Also,
1) Players kept rings so nothing is inaccurate on the shirts, and
2) The NRL have no business telling the Storm that they can't put 6 rings on their shirts. Tell them to f*ck off?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:14 am Bahahaha haha and now Sandor and Phil are about to sell them to the public
Nrl have put a stop to it

Apparently they can’t put out the storm tees cause they cant promote a team (Huh)
But they are putting out Cheese tees cause they can promote a player or players (beats me)

They still wanna get the storm tees up but might be awhile
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Apparently they can’t put out the storm tees cause they cant promote a team (Huh)
But they are putting out Cheese tees cause they can promote a player or players (beats me)

It'll be something like NRL Intellectual property, much like you can't advertise using the word Olympics or using the rings. There's plenty of ways around these things, they'll find a way.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:17 pm
sallymay wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:11 pm

It'll be something like NRL Intellectual property, much like you can't advertise using the word Olympics or using the rings. There's plenty of ways around these things, they'll find a way.
Best solution is to restore the premierships!
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Utha wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:38 pm
TC wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:49 am For 80 minutes last Sunday I loathed the Channel Nein commentary with it's obvious Panthers bias from Gould.

I'm proudly wearing the "Suck it Gus" T-shirt from League Tees this afternoon.
Great site, I'm still waiting for them to restock THE GRAVEYARD MELBOURNE tshirts!
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm sure Sandor and Phil will find a way around it, I'd get a tee shirt for sure!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fine, make a shirt with Smithy holding up his hand with a ring on all 5 fingers. Promoting the player, not the team :roll:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd get that shirt
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Better tell Sandor then 🤣🤣 they might actually make it