2020 Grand Final - Panthers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:42 pm
yourhero wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:31 am
yourhero wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 am“To the captain, I hope he can play on,” Smith said.

“I know it’s a tough situation for me but I wouldn’t want him carrying me to another couple of rings, I don’t think we should forced him out of the game.
I know it's just the emotions running high - same as Suli claiming he is not leaving the club :lol: but I really wish he felt like this when the endorphins aren't pumping.
I'm happy to stand corrected but I believe Brandon said he would be happy for Cameron to carry him to another couple of rings (or words to that effect), not "I wouldn't want".
Correct. The article got the quote wrong.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Regarding Nicho Hynes. Officially he never got on the field and is therefore not considered a premiership winner. Is that correct?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bartos wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:11 pm Regarding Nicho Hynes. Officially he never got on the field and is therefore not considered a premiership winner. Is that correct?
I always think this is harsh. Every player who has pulled on a jersey this year has contributed towards the ultimate success.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nicho is a premiership winning player.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The hymn for Suli should be the poster of what the Melbourne Storm are
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bartos wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:11 pm Regarding Nicho Hynes. Officially he never got on the field and is therefore not considered a premiership winner. Is that correct?
He got a ring ...he is a premiership player
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where do I start

I felt sick all week all day all night ...then the game started and I felt even more sick at 0-22

I reckon I might have a heart attack or panic attack one of these days ....the minute the game finished I was jumping around my house like mad woman

I can not believe this team we have been so f**king lucky for so long with Cam Cooper and Billy but now we have another big 3 Rome Munster and Paps add cheese into that group and find some young wingers we are set for a couple of years

This year in Victoria has sucked but having storm play each week has been the best thing ever and winning the icing on the cake

It’s coming home 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I can breathe now
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I've had 36 hours to gather my thoughts, still buzzing. Many thoughts on the game that'll I'll share more on the podcast tonight.

Can't believe we've done it. This year has meant a lot to me, as I'm sure a lot of fans. Being stuck at home all week, one of the few things you had ot look forward to all week is watching Melbourne play. Without the Storm this year I don't know what would have happened to me! And to pull this off was incredible.

Congrats to the whole club! Amazing effort!

PS- I hate how everyone now in Australian calls clubs "organisations" after watching The Last Dance, we're not the US and we are a club!
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Also, hopefully the club will organise something for the fans as soon as they can, this might be hard, but hopefully theyll pull out all the stops.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:30 am Congrats to every single person at the club. A special effort by the entire organisation.
Pole wrote:PS- I hate how everyone now in Australian calls clubs "organisations" after watching The Last Dance, we're not the US and we are a club!
I'm only two episodes in though! :cry: :lol:
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hahah, well I maybe you've picked it up from listening to everyone else this weekend use that term.

Cam Smith is the #1 offender.
moffla
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Well I'll tell you what...I wish we didn't let that get down to the final play, but it was exhilarating once that scramble came to a halt with the realisation that we are premiers. It's a moment we can replay for years to come.

The game was very strange. While Gus dribbles a lot of nonsense, I did feel Panthers had a better hold on the game in the first 20 mins, but Suli's intercept was a massive turning point in the game. It's such a brave play to come so far and then to leap as high as he did, land then streak 70-80 metres, evading two tackle attempts.... It's his finest ever play, IMO. First half was capped off with the try to the skipper, was fairly confident then!

After Pap scored in the second half, I was dreaming of 40 or 50, but the bunker and the footy gods had other ideas. End of the day it doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 60, a premiership is a premiership!

That's the one many of us desperately wanted. While we've been dominate these past 5 years, to only claim one premiership from it would have been a massive injustice. 2 titles from 4 grand finals. In doing so, most likely sending Cam out a winner. Enjoy this one guys because you never know when we will be back!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Much of the second half is such a blur to me. For those who have rewatched the game did we create anything after the Suli bobble that could've put us up 30-0? Seemed like we got too conservative and it led to a chaotic finish.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That Suli bobble was a real missed opportunity to completely kill the Panther's spirit. Instead they go up field and score off a clear obstruction.

Even then I think if Brenko doesn't screw up that tackle on Crichton for their second try in the 69th minute, it doesn't get close.
moffla
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yeah it was certainly a strange final 15 mins, we dropped our standards big time...Think maybe some of the younger lads had the title wrapped up in their heads!