2020 Grand Final - Panthers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:26 am So last spot seems to be between Hynes and Eisenhuth, who gets it I wonder.
I think Hynes.

Eisenhuth offers more assuming all goes well injury wise. But Hynes gives us a genuine outside back option on the bench. It’s an insurance policy and one you hope you don’t need.

If we play and there are no injuries, people will question the point of picking Hynes to sit on the bench all game... But if an outside back goes down, we can replace them without having to shuffle multiple people, or having to play a slower forward in the centres... not that Hynes’ defence at centre has been crash hot though.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well after a crazy year the day is here!

Personally with the weather I see Eisenhuth being a late in at the expense of Nicho (would feel terrible for him), but with it cold, windy and wet I see a slow beat em up type of game that will limit the influence of Nicho if he got some game time. Might just be a game of patience to see which pack cracks first.

But result aside, being down in Victoria and watching the Storm has helped enormously in getting through lockdowns, especially when you can genuinely see the blokes playing for the jersey even more so. The stress of lockdown must be horrible for the players and staff but they just keep suiting up and getting the job done. We will say goodbye to some players today and I hope they can all get their names etched in Storm royalty today if they haven’t already. They all deserve it more than ever.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Match Day lads and laddettes! Fire the F up!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Each Premiership we have won has been special for its own reason.

99’ - It was our first. Only two years in and we win the big one, setting the foundation for the juggernaut that the club has become today.

12’ - Redemption. After the pain of 2010 and our club brought to its knees, we claim one back. This one meant more than 07’, 09’ and 17’, as great as they were as well.

20’ - Can it be done? If we win this one, it would go down as (arguably) our most amazing accomplishment. It would mean overcoming the year from hell. We won’t get the praise we deserve from the absolute f*ckwits in the media, but the club will always know how much they put into the 2020 NRL season. The sacrifices made. The pain endured.

BRING IT HOME BOYS!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:34 am Each Premiership we have won has been special for its own reason.

99’ - It was our first. Only two years in and we win the big one, setting the foundation for the juggernaut that the club has become today.

12’ - Redemption. After the pain of 2010 and our club brought to its knees, we claim one back. This one meant more than 07’, 09’ and 17’, as great as they were as well.

20’ - Can it be done? If we win this one, it would go down as (arguably) our most amazing accomplishment. It would mean overcoming the year from hell. We won’t get the praise we deserve from the absolute f*ckwits in the media, but the club will always know how much they put into the 2020 NRL season. The sacrifices made. The pain endured.

BRING IT HOME BOYS!
2017 wasn't special?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Eisenhuth and Momirovski drop out of squad.

We played Panthers in round 6 without Foxx and Hughes, Storm played badly and lost by 7 points.

If we play anywhere near our best I think we win. Hopefully we start well (unlike 2018 v Roosters).

Go Storm.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bizarre half but hopefully we can go on with it now.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Half time, 22 - 0, let's go on with it. Beware the second half penalty even (leg) ups.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

This is amazing so far. I love Storm
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we can score 22 in a half unanswered then rest assured the team that went undefeated with a halves pairing in red hot form can do the same.

2nd half will be just as intense.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

YYYEEESSS!!!
Utha
Squall
Squall

I don't care what those Sydney idiots say, this IS a premiership win for the ages.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a truly bizarre game. Made things a little interesting in the end off the back of some comically awful officiating.

So proud of the boys though. Team well and truly earned that one.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Second half penalty square ups. We lead 5 - 1 at half time to lose the penalty count 8 - 7. (7 - 2 against in the second half) Also, did the ref go to the video and award us no try and try to the Panthers each time and each time be over ruled? The Panthers try in the corner where the kicker ran behind his own player, the commentators all said no way, how does the video get it so wrong? Between him and the on field they certainly made a game of it.
Glad to have got through.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It got a little close for comfort. Storm stopped being clinical about midway through 2nd half.

Blazza18 I agree re the officiating. The biased 9 commentary team were all adamant that the first Panthers try should have been an obstruction. That tells you how badly the bunker stuffed up.

I also think there is no way Hughes committed a professional foul. You are allowed to turn around and hold you ground.

You beauty Storm 2020 premiers. Happy to see Pappy win Clive Churchill. Ecstatic that Christian Welch finally gets his first premiership after losing in 2016 and 2018 and missing 2017 win with knee injury.

Here is the 26th reason for James Hooper and his merry band of flogs to hate the Storm.