Tino Out....... ??? IN

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Phillip Island Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Who are the likely forward prospects to replace Tino next season for us? Is Cartright a possibility?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He wants to go to Sydney. Family reasons. Always a good reason when your not playing well are the media is questioning your worth.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Please not Cartwright. Don't want him and his circus of a partner anywhere near us.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely Cartwrights knees are absolutely shot to bits. I think too injury prone , besides is clear intellectual deficiencies.

What about Shannon Boyd? He's not doing alot but would be far more expensive than Tino's deal.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:12 pm Please not Cartwright. Don't want him and his circus of a partner anywhere near us.
100% agreed Mattpoet.....surely CB wouldn't put up with his attitudinal nonsense and the personal dramas that follow him.

Pass. Big time.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Cartwright signs with storm in out,...no way in hell will I follow a club that supports his disgusting family
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given current COVID-19 situation Cartwright might have to have an injection to enter Melbourne, so we know he is not going to do that. Plus doesn't pass the no d/heads policy. I'd rather nurture the players we have - Vete, Schonig and King.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not having Q cup really hurts a team like us who like to develop and bring up our forwards slowly. A lot might defend on Smith retiring (cap space) but I wonder if we're going to look for some young-ish experienced forwards to come in.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:58 am Given current COVID-19 situation Cartwright might have to have an injection to enter Melbourne, so we know he is not going to do that. Plus doesn't pass the no d/heads policy. I'd rather nurture the players we have - Vete, Schonig and King.
Vete and King serve different purposes in our team, they are not in the same category as Tino. They are not the future as horrible as that makes me sound. Big bodies and power is what we need to pair up with NAS given that Jesse is only getting older.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What about Eisenhuth at Wests? Apparently out of contract. Related to Tom?
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Next in line are Turahui, Tuilagi and Loiero.

The big one is what the club does with young Jack Howarth (if he is still contracted).
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:45 am If Cartwright signs with storm in out,...no way in hell will I follow a club that supports his disgusting family
I wouldn't be out, but agree Storm should not be looking at someone like him.

I doubt out club would even give someone like this a look in to be honest.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:29 pm Tuilagi
Apparently Kelma has quit...although I’m not sure if it’s just this year and he will be back but he moved back to Brisbane and is with family atm ...maybe he will come back next year but who knows
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok I was wrong Kelma was at training today..I guess he had to do 14 days in Qaurintine
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:47 pm Ok I was wrong Kelma was at training today..I guess he had to do 14 days in Qaurintine
Good news . You had me worried for a couple of days !!

What do you think Sallymay- do you think he can make it eventually in NRL ? He seemed to stall last year , and of course it is very tough this year for the young fellows with no Q Cup