The Annual "Wrestling" Media Attack on the Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Believe it or not Gallen and Bellamy get along quite well and would say they were mates. Comes form their time together in rep camps.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yes, the new school of players respect the Storm. Gallen is a very good colour analyst. Remember Gallen came down to Melbourne for Cam Smith's last game at AAMI

And Finch and Thurston are both top notch. i don't really mind any of the Queensland commentators because they don't have the NSW bias.

The other blokes other than Cronk on Foxtel and even Vonnie however are shit stirrers.
Last edited by six rings on Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah I don't mind Gallen anymore, can't believe I'm saying that
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Found this headline in the Daily Telegraph
Panthers fear Sutton can’t contain Storm
behind a paywall. I'm shocked that Sydney media has stooped to this level. (Sarcasm Filter off ) Who's surprised , absolutely no one.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here's the gist of it -
The Panthers won’t declare it publicly, but they believe Sutton has been hoodwinked by Melbourne’s at-times spoiling tactics in their most recent clashes.

The undertone of tension dates back to last year’s grand final where Penrith halves Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai were silenced in the 2020 showdown by the relentless pressure of influential Storm and Maroons stars Cameron Munster, Christian Welch and Felise Kaufusi.

The anxiety even progressed to this year’s State of Origin series where many of the Penrith and Storm players were involved, leading to a nervous NSW worrying about Sutton’s ability to keep the Maroons on-side.
Like huh?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Suttons brother has worked with the Storm and thats why Penrith are upset. But seriously why does that matter.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So what, Nathan Cleary is the basic, nondescript lego minifigure. Storm aren't complaining about that.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:43 pm Here's the gist of it -
The Panthers won’t declare it publicly, but they believe Sutton has been hoodwinked by Melbourne’s at-times spoiling tactics in their most recent clashes.

The undertone of tension dates back to last year’s grand final where Penrith halves Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai were silenced in the 2020 showdown by the relentless pressure of influential Storm and Maroons stars Cameron Munster, Christian Welch and Felise Kaufusi.

The anxiety even progressed to this year’s State of Origin series where many of the Penrith and Storm players were involved, leading to a nervous NSW worrying about Sutton’s ability to keep the Maroons on-side.
Like huh?
So, only Queenslanders target the pet of NSW? God it's pathetic. I'm quite happy with the understated comments Brad Arthur came out with after their defeat,
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

You'd think Ivan and the Panthers would have learned their lesson after the South's episode lol
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They're trying again because it tends to work with the existing bias against us
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:04 am They're trying again because it tends to work with the existing bias against us
Can only hope it blows up in their stupid faces... Especially Ivan, he's one classless ahole. The whole sorry West tigers saga should be all anyone needs to know about his character... Or lack thereof.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The class of Ivan Cleary (or more the lack thereof) was on full display right here...

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, thought he was a d*** as a player and nothing since has given me any cause to think otherwise
Utha
Squall
Squall

Have to confess, given rugba league’s propensity to shoot itself in both feet (which is a worldwide phenomenon), if it weren’t for Storm, the game would be all but dead to me.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not exactly wrestling but Foxsports have started the hatchet job on us earlier than usual.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 62616272c6