The Annual "Wrestling" Media Attack on the Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:26 pm Danny Weidler claiming Smith has 'dipped into the sewer' is hilarious. Weidler must be upset that Smith is trespassing.

The sewer is the only place Weidler has operated for the past 20 years.
:lol:
He's not known as Dunny Widdler for nothing.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Has Coops actually come out and said anything about the book? I wouldn't think it was his style to make public comment.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was great hearing Brandon on the Matty Johns Show. He was asked what, if any, changes he would make to Fox League broadcasting. He said he would change NRL360 to NRL120 and get rid of Kent and Hooper. A man after my own heart...
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm Was great hearing Brandon on the Matty Johns Show. He was asked what, if any, changes he would make to Fox League broadcasting. He said he would change NRL360 to NRL120 and get rid of Kent and Hooper. A man after my own heart...
Yep, he received a round of applause in our house for that comment! =D>

It was funny then seeing Hooper looking his usual pissy self when they crossed to the Big League Wrap panel a little later, and Matty Johns mentioning Hooper to Brandon again afterwards. :-D
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can Brandon get any cooler?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hard to see how he could
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm Was great hearing Brandon on the Matty Johns Show. He was asked what, if any, changes he would make to Fox League broadcasting. He said he would change NRL360 to NRL120 and get rid of Kent and Hooper. A man after my own heart...
It was absolutely superb. That lad must be a superb clubman - so funny to have around, and he can play !
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Latrell Mitchell is hit with three charges from the one game and James Hooper goes on a staunch defensive, writing numerous articles about how harshly he has been treated, at the same time crying that Felise Kaufusi got off very lightly :lol:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5ad419ac75

Hooper is so corrupt, you can read him like a book. Clubs that open the door for him, grant him access, give him the inside scoop - he defends in the media, regardless of how offensive their actions are. Shut him out though, and he attempts to bury you at every opportunity.
Poor little baldy.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My 1 year old is more mature
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I sincerely hope the club blacklists baldy for life over this latest attack.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he wasn't blacklisted years ago, I'd be worried.

I assume he has been blacklisted since the 'Dark Arts' story in 2009, where he found Brett O'Farrell - who played 20 games for the Storm from 1999-2001 - years before Bellamy arrived - and ran a story about O'Farrell claiming that Bellamy used jiu jitsu training so Storm players could intentionally injure opposition players.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's just shameless. No reason to bring Kaufusi into the Mitchell stupidity. He's lucky he works for Fox Sports because an organisation with scruples would have sacked him years ago.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Considering the number of journalists and media staff that Fox Sports have let go over the last year or so, it's fairly clear what their 'standards' are and their reasons for employing click-bait 'journalists' like these f-wits.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2 ... ffbe3ef01a

‘Just one of those things’: Storm star refuses to apologise for ugly Matterson dog shot
April 29 2021
Mark St John
Fox Sports

Storm second-rower Felise Kaufusi has refused to apologise for his ugly elbow to Eels star Ryan Matterson’s head that resulted in a two-game ban.

Storm second-rower Felise Kaufusi has refused to apologise for his ugly elbow to Eels star Ryan Matterson’s head that resulted in a two-game ban.

Matterson has been dealing with concussion symptoms and has not played since Round 2 against the Storm when Kaufusi landed on his head with his elbow while he was on the ground

Speaking with Channel 9 News Kaufusi revealed he hadn’t reached out to Matterson and remains adamant that he does not overstep the line on the field.

“It’s just one of those things that happened in the game,” Kaufusi said on Sydney’s Nine News.

“There was no intent and unfortunately he has had some previous head-knock injuries.

“I love being aggressive, playing hard, but obviously well within the rules.

“Unfortunately that one did hit him over the head, but I don’t go out there to intentionally hurt someone.”

Former Sharks and NSW Blues captain Paul Gallen, who has had his own share of run-ins at the judiciary, believes Kaufusi didn’t do anything wrong.

“I don’t think it was the elbow that concussed him,” Gallen said on Nine’s 100% Footy.

“It think the elbow was a glancing blow.

“It was the force with which he hit the ground that knocked him out.”

However Blues coach Brad Fittler believes the NRL must get more serious about head injuries to protect player welfare.

“We’re at a place with knowing more about our bodies and our brains,” Fittler said on 2GB’s Wide World of Sports radio.

“Careless and reckless things that happen in a game - you need to come down harder.

“Four to six weeks might have been something better (than two weeks).

“All of a sudden your coach isn’t backing you, saying that was stupid and you’re going to cost the team.”

Matterson suffered a concussion and is finally set to return to the field when the Eels meet the Bulldogs at Stadium Australia in Round 8.

Originally published asStorm star refuses to apologise for ugly KO shot
Last edited by yourhero on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:58 amugly Matterson dog shot
yourhero wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:58 amrefused to apologise for his ugly elbow to Eels star Ryan Matterson’s head
yourhero wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:58 amOriginally published asStorm star refuses to apologise for ugly KO shot
:lol: I like how they published it as "ugly KO shot" and thought, "No... that's not inflammatory enough. Change it to ugly dog shot!".

And refused to apologise means he was asked to and declined. Just because as a reporter, you didn't see the answer you were looking for, doesn't mean someone refused it.

I could make the claim, "Despite writing numerous articles, Mark St John continues to refuse to deny he is a pedophile".