The Annual "Wrestling" Media Attack on the Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wish I could watch a replay of the Grand Final but with a small window in the corner showing James Hooper, Paul Kent and Paul Crawley watching the game in real time. Just to see their reactions :lol:

Their panties would have been well in a knot at halftime. They would have been pissy and kicking rocks. Then in the second half they would have got their hopes up towards the end, only for the curtain to come crashing down.

On top of the euphoric feeling of my club winning a Premiership, it fills me with a lot of joy knowing how badly these pricks would be hurting :-D

James, Paul, Paul - If any of you are reading this... EADC!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 290ff41ef5

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-pr ... 567bf.html

The staggering cost paid by the NRL to keep the Storm running in 2020
Michael Chammas
SMH (of course picked up and run by Fox Sports)
26 October 2020

Craig Bellamy branded it the greatest win of his illustrious coaching career and now the cost of keeping the Melbourne Storm in this year’s competition has been revealed.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the governing body had to spend $4 million to ensure the Storm could continue to compete in the 2020 season.

That included relocating both the players and their families to the Sunshine Coast, including children who would go on to attend schools in the area.

The NRL also paid for meals, accommodation, chartered flights and expenses during the four months Melbourne stayed at the Novotel Twin Waters along with $30,000 towards covering the flights they made each round.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No mention of the cost to keep the Warriors going in the regular season, forced out of their homes and into a bubble, the same as us.

No story on the monumental adversity the club has had to overcome to win this Premiership.

No... Insinuate that head office have somehow "looked after" the Storm and their title win was a result of some kind of leg-up.

Un-f*cking-believable... The intent behind the story is disgusting.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:48 am No mention of the cost to keep the Warriors going in the regular season, forced out of their homes and into a bubble, the same as us.

No story on the monumental adversity the club has had to overcome to win this Premiership.

No... Insinuate that head office have somehow "looked after" the Storm and their title win was a result of some kind of leg-up.

Un-f*cking-believable... The intent behind the story is disgusting.
Just from this small reading this is exactly what I take out of their "reporting" as well.

In Craig's post game, on field interview, he also said, "with all due respect to the players this is not the most talented" team, bunch or group (I can't remember the exact word), conveniently left out of the article no doubt.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pleased to read a very balanced, complimentary article on nrl.com by Jamie Soward .
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 290ff41ef5

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-pr ... 567bf.html

The staggering cost paid by the NRL to keep the Storm running in 2020
Michael Chammas
SMH (of course picked up and run by Fox Sports)
26 October 2020

Craig Bellamy branded it the greatest win of his illustrious coaching career and now the cost of keeping the Melbourne Storm in this year’s competition has been revealed.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the governing body had to spend $4 million to ensure the Storm could continue to compete in the 2020 season.

That included relocating both the players and their families to the Sunshine Coast, including children who would go on to attend schools in the area.

The NRL also paid for meals, accommodation, chartered flights and expenses during the four months Melbourne stayed at the Novotel Twin Waters along with $30,000 towards covering the flights they made each round.
It's now been belatedly updated to say that the NRL paid $ 5 million to keep the Warriors in Australia.

They must have got the message that looking like biased incompetent fools was even too much for themselves to bear.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:16 am I wish I could watch a replay of the Grand Final but with a small window in the corner showing James Hooper, Paul Kent and Paul Crawley watching the game in real time. Just to see their reactions :lol:

Their panties would have been well in a knot at halftime. They would have been pissy and kicking rocks. Then in the second half they would have got their hopes up towards the end, only for the curtain to come crashing down.

On top of the euphoric feeling of my club winning a Premiership, it fills me with a lot of joy knowing how badly these pricks would be hurting :-D

James, Paul, Paul - If any of you are reading this... EADC!
Already called Hooper a salty flog on the Fox Sports Australia FB page...with an appropriately matched GIF :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 4d2f22153b

Blog with Hoops: Thanks for the 2am texts — this is one trophy you’ll be able to keep
October 26, 2020
JAMES "LITTLE BALDY" HOOPER
FOX SPORTS

Dear Melbourne Storm, congratulations on your fourth legitimate premiership.

You won this one fair and square, so by all means display this year’s Provan Summons trophy in the foyer at AAMI Park.

While you’re at it, can we remove the two that were stripped from the cabinet now please?

Some journalists might like waving the purple pompoms and not asking the hard questions – but we’re not paid to be fans with typewriters.

Our column last week about the 25 reasons why Sydneysiders can’t cop the Storm certainly stirred a couple of hornets nests.

We had a good laugh when Storm general manager of football Frank Ponissi text messaged through a photograph of Cameron Smith sitting on a plane with the Provan Summons trophy at 2.29am this morning.

“26th reason James,” Frank’s message read.

Then Brandon Smith doubled down on social media complete with his ski goggles on and a picture of the premiership ring.

“Number 26 Hoops yah little baldy hahahahahahhaah”.

It’s all good banter. Just as well we had the phone on “do not disturb” last night.

It was obviously a hell of a party on the NRL-funded charter flight home to the Sunshine Coast resort where the game’s governing body has outlaid $4 million to accommodate the Storm and their families for the past five months.

The ski goggles? Not so much for us. Apparently it’s big in the US with the NFL, NBA, MLB and the other major American sports.

It stops the champagne from going in your eyes.

As for the Melbourne Storm being the greatest sporting organisation in Australia? Not for us.

The Sydney Roosters or the Richmond Tigers in the AFL have got them covered.

Take nothing away from the Storm’s champion players like Cameron Munster, Ryan Papenhuyzen and Dale Finucane.

They’re genuine good guys of the game who deserve all the success that comes their way.

But there’s no argument the Storm still remain the most polarising club in rugby league.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:32 pmStorm general manager of football Frank Ponissi text messaged through a photograph of Cameron Smith sitting on a plane with the Provan Summons trophy at 2.29am this morning. “26th reason James,” Frank’s message read.
Onya Frank! Stick it up this flog!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You can still see the bitterness and contempt just oozing out of him with every sentence. The biggest c*ckhead involved in RL and that is quite an accomplishment given the competition.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love how he thinks he’s a hero for going against us. Dude is a flog. His pieces are more comedy than anything now.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Haha talk about ssssssssalty. Would these idiots rather have not had a competition at all this year? :lol:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The numerous articles that have been released today are disappointing, albeit not surprising. The NRL deserves ongoing mediocrity when this is the sales effort.

The worst sports journalists in all of world sport.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yourhero I agree the NSW Rugby League media are the worst and most biased sports journalists in the world.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Paul Kent going off on NRL360 last night (I saw a clip in the below news article - I am officially on a self imposed 360 ban). The angry midget is p*ssed that Cameron Smith was not sin binned in the GF.

The flog is so upset that Melbourne won and I love it :lol: :lol: :lol:

---

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9d29889ad3

Smith ‘should have been sin binned’ but Kent says ref ‘second guessed himself’

Paul Kent believes Melbourne captain Cameron Smith should have been sin binned for questioning the integrity of the referee during Sunday’s NRL grand final.
But Kent also wasn’t overly impressed with the performance of match official Gerard Sutton, who he accused of “keeping the whistle in his pocket” during a tense second half.

Sutton made the bold, yet correct, decision to sin bin two Storm players in the last 10 minutes of the game when Penrith was on the comeback path.

Jahrome Hughes was binned with 10 minutes left, and then Brandon Smith was marched in the final minute, just before Nathan Cleary scored to make it 26-20 with one play remaining.

It was when Hughes was binned that captain Smith spoke to Sutton.

“The last three or four penalties they have got is little very picky stuff and we have got nothing mate,” Smith said.

“I get it, everyone wants an exciting finish. But we are just the same as them. Stop trying to pick little things out of our game to make an exciting finish.”

During the 2000 State of Origin series, experienced referee Bill Harrigan famously sent Gorden Tallis off the field for calling him a cheat.

Kent says Smith could have gone the same way.

“He is very luck he didn’t get sin binned,” Kent said of Smith.

“Gorden Tallis called Bill Harrigan a cheat - that’s just the more diplomatic way of saying it.

“He was that close (to being binned), and the difference between what he said and what Gordie said is the difference between him and Gorden, but they both meant the same thing.”

Kent said overall he wasn’t impressed with Sutton during the grand final.

Sutton sent nine calls upstairs to the Bunker, which made one howler to gift Penrith their first try of the night.

“I was really disappointed with Gerard Sutton’s performance,” Kent said on NRL 360.

“He didn’t show the courage of his convictions, he second guessed himself the whole night.

“This is what I’ve had a gutful with the NRL... all year we’ve waxed on about how good (the) six-again (rule) is, how it’s been great for the game.

“As soon as we get to the finals, they think it’s good refereeing to put the whistle in the pocket and no longer calling it.”