Home Ground Entertainment

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gooSoi
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I know there is another thread on this but me and the old man were just having a convo about it over a couple of heiny's and i thought id start up another one

Plus'

+ Some woman reading off a piece of paper.
+ Some woman interviewing players

Minus'

- MOM jersey for selected member
- Storm mans bike
- Storm mans lightning bolt flame thrower
- National Anthem
- Flipping the banner so both sides of the ground can see it
- James Sherry doing crowd interviews / having fun with the kids .etc
- the silly blowup things on either end of the ground + try scoring fire works
- Corporate Sponsership for each player on the ppt presentation pregame
- storms girls half time dance routine (NB: i may have missed it getting a beer :) )
- celebrity / sportsperson interview from the marquee before the game
- Half time competition for members of the crowd
- Band (only had them for big games but how isnt the first game of the season a big game? i think chump did a great job last year)
- Police Presence during and after the game (crowd control crossing the road)

Im sure ive forgotten some stuff but if you take that much out of pregame entertainment when you are paying an events company to look after it you clearly arent getting value for money. Ive heard all the excuses and none of them bode well with me, theyve had several months to be prepared for this event and dont even come close to anything weve had in the past (even on the rainy days!). And if you want to say that this is the first time that this events company has done a RL event then i ask you.. how much footage was there from last season? How many supporters and staff members could tell you what to expect?. Storm Man was a shadow of his former self, heck give the guy a bicycle or something!

Every part fo the storm seems like a disorganised rabble at the moment (except of course for the team!).

Only good part about this is there can only be improvement from here.
Last edited by gooSoi on Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO THE MIGHTY STORM!
[img]http://www.hotkey.net.au/~jamesmcd/howedanny.jpg[/img]
gooSoi
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

another thing i just remembered

Minus'

- Police Presence during and after the game (crowd control crossing the road)

I think i saw about 4 actual cops all day not including the security at the venue
GO THE MIGHTY STORM!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

gooSoi wrote:- Police Presence during and after the game (crowd control crossing the road)

I think i saw about 4 actual cops all day not including the security at the venue
On this issue, I think you will find that police resources where being used at moomba and also for later that night at the rave party (Two Tribes) that was across the road.

After all we do have a State Government that have not honoured their promise of more police on the beat.

Thank god there is only 21 months to the next State election .......but I'm not counting ;)
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Did I miss it or was the Storm theme song not played after the win?

We are the Storm!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:Did I miss it or was the Storm theme song not played after the win?

We are the Storm!
It most definitely was not played :x but even when it is Surandy we can NEVER hear it in the Eastern Stand anyway.

You can ALWAYS hear it when we're driving in and when we're leaving the game though! :P :lol:
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

OH YEH! no theme song!?

WOW they really were un-organized for this game!!!!!! wouldnt they want to impress some AFL fans who went along to the game only because there wasnt any AFL on. hmm.

(They even printed the words of the song on the thing we got in "the bag of goodies" with our membership cards so we could all sing along?)
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm so glad someone has borught up these issues, I was just talking to someone about this yesterday :wink:

I think gooSoi has outlined all points perfectly and I'd recommend you put them in an email to the club (as a staff member told us we should do following Sundays game). I couldn't guarantee they'd take notice but its worth a shot.

Sure some memberships have got cheaper (and others mor costly ie: social club) and entry fees are cheaper but they've also cheapened the whole Storm experience. I seem to remember people commenting way back in the early days that it was the entire Storm entertainment package and not only the game that got people coming to the games, thats what made the experience so much better than other sports like the AFL.

Seems to me we have ex-AFL administrators running our club just like an AFL club... good luck to them but i just don't see it working...
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

gooSoi wrote: - Flipping the banner so both sides of the ground can see it
- storms girls half time dance routine (NB: i may have missed it getting a beer :) )
AS mentioned in another thread, the banner was not turned around due to a tear in the banner and not wanting to destroy it before the players had the opportunity to run through it. Now THAT would have been an embarassment.

And I'm pretty certain I saw the Cheergirls out there at half time.
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
stormgirl
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I agree with your thoughts, there was a lot missing this time that we have enjoyed before. I don't mind not having fireworks for day matches, but I know I was feeling something missing, and you've summed it up well. It was like an AFL game, no warm up or prep for the real thing... The worst bit is, given that the game is only 80 minutes, there's not a lot there to keep you amused for any length of time outside that.

Bring back the anthem! Bring back half time stuff! Give Stormman a unicycle!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

stormgirl wrote: Give Stormman a unicycle!
One word.

Hovercraft!!!

:lol:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

they should put that spa thingy back there again...lol get some girls in their bikinis :) :)
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The turning of the banner had nothing to do with a tear in it as that is easily fixed on the ground. It had to do with the new people running the game day organisation.
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

with three weeeks betwen last weekend and the broncos game, hopefully the club has got everything sorted out and we can get an actual event. After all, Broncos games have always been billed as major games in Melbourne. That and the Warriors, unfortunately we only get one of them this year.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
gooSoi
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

another thing i remembered :) did anoyojne notice any Crazy Johns sponsership around the ground?
GO THE MIGHTY STORM!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

gooSoi wrote:another thing i remembered :) did anoyojne notice any Crazy Johns sponsership around the ground?
hmmm... good point and no i didn't. Crazy Johns used to sponsor the banner and the cheergirls/dancers amongst other things but the banner had Adecco advertising...