Matt Geyer - 5/8 or wing??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Change of thought

Geyer at wing
Hill at 5/8
Williams , Kidwell ot Johnson (if fit ) at Lock
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I guess I can see the logic in Geyer on the wing, as I think we are a little light on for wingers.
With Hill back at pivot, I would like to see Kidwell at lock for sure, with Dallas Johnson on the bench
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'd like to see the lock position used to give some guys more experience. What I mean is have Williams and Kidwell on the bench, and then rotate Johnson, G.Turner and Friend etc. through the lock position.

Having said that, I would still like Hill at lock and Geyer at pivot, but if that isn't going to take place, that is what I'd like to see.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So you are prepared to sacrifice the lock position as one to chalk up some experience? I see lock as an important position, and one which needs to be filled by someone who is able to do the job effectively. Maybe just me...

AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote:So you are prepared to sacrifice the lock position as one to chalk up some experience? I see lock as an important position, and one which needs to be filled by someone who is able to do the job effectively. Maybe just me...

OK Number 13 Steaming Stormer
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

AAS wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:So you are prepared to sacrifice the lock position as one to chalk up some experience? I see lock as an important position, and one which needs to be filled by someone who is able to do the job effectively. Maybe just me...

OK Number 13 Steaming Stormer
:lol: :lol:

AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What about the LOCKNESS Monster? sorry for the bad pun/joke
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well yeah, but it's not as if the guys who I suggested to play there (Johnson, Turner and Friend) are crap. They are all quality players in there own right, so it's not like we'd just be sacrificing the position.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nathan Friend is a hooker, and I don't feel he could play lock. Turner and Johnson I agree are good players, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I see lock as a position where a good attacking player is needed, to give the attack a good 3 playmaking options. Being half, pivot and lock. It is for this reason that I think Orford, Geyer and Hill would be fantastic working in tandem.
I see the other two as solid players without being the same threat in attack for opposing defences to worry about