Matt Geyer on Sen 1116 tonight

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Storm's Matt Geyer can be heard on SEN 1116 tonight (Tuesday) from 11.30pm and Scott Hill will be on SEN this Saturday night after the Brisbane match from 10.50pm.
from Melbournestorm.com.au
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Excellent stuff, I just found out about 10 minutes ago. I'll most definitely be listening, and ringing, to both of those.

Does this mean we'll get to find out how the trial match went within an hour or two of it finishing???????

:D :shock: :D
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I wonder if they could have put them on any later?!

Nah, I shouldn't be too critical, they are making an effort at least.
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Remeber that you lot do have that stupid daylight saving. I would imagine the interview will be conducted at about 9:50 PM QLD time (shortly after the game has ended)
*Champagne football*
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As I posted on another forum, I have trouble picking up SEN but last night it was pretty clear

and

Well I listened until 11.45 and no Matt Geyer, they said they were having problems getting incontact with him as he was on a training camp. Don,t know if he came on later.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Okay, I listened and listened and listened. No Matt Geyer.

I started listening about 10:40pm and I listened right through til midnight. I think it was about 11:40pm when Mark Doran, the host of the show mentioned that they were having trouble contacting Matt Geyer, but that they would keep trying and he asked for some rugby league supporters to ring up.

Just after 11:50, knowing that Mark's show finishes at midnight, I rang up the station. Being a rugby league supporter and given that Matt was meant to be on I was told I would be bumped up the queue ahead of other callers. The caller that was on air was allowed to waffle on, and then they went to an ad break.

At 11:58 they took my call, I managed roughly 45 seconds on air before they skipped over to another caller (non-rugby league call). Given that Matt wasn't there to answer any questions that I had it was tough to work out what to say. I commented that I was disappointed that Matt Geyer wasn't on the air and I responded to a previous callers comment about "what sport has over half their teams in the one state?" That caller was referring to AFL and Victoria but I made comment that the NRL is similar with majority of teams in NSW and that they want yet another team.

Mark stated that Matt Geyer had his phone off at the wrong time but promised to have more rugby league on air at a later stage.

I was most disappointed at Matt not being online and at the brief chance I was given to be on air to make any sort of point at all.

Surandy :cry:
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bugger, I read that article on the storm site today and thought Boofa was on tonight.
As for SEN, I was listening to that small minded idiot Brereton today when a caller rang in about a primary school in on the Bellarine Peninsula somewhere who won the state champs. His comment was along the lines of it being a disgrace that a primary school was playing league in Vic! :evil: :evil:
Brereton's comment then was that the teacher who introduced them to the game should be sacked for introducing league into vic. Different bloody story when the AFL was trying to muscle into the rugby league states.
I rang to complain about the narrow mindedness of the media, but was on my mobile and had to hold to long so in the end hung up. Bloody Melbourne Media :evil: :evil:
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I heard Dermie's comment whilst at the cricket. I wasn't impressed at all, but was unfortunately unable to even make a call.

Whilst they do make mention of League every now and then, Dermie is too deeply intrenched in AFL. Although I'm sure one of them mentioned something about Kirk Reynoldson's beard today!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Kirk's beard rated a mention when I rang Dermie's show once. Dermie has also claimed to being a Melbourne Storm member after a call from another Storm supporter, Glen from Glen Iris.

SEN don't really give rugby league supporters much of a go on air from what I've heard and experienced personally. You say your piece and then they crap on and then straight onto the next caller without any chance of the rl caller replying or saying anything else.

Hmm, do I bother trying to get onto their show again?

Surandy
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Here's a copy of an email I have sent to SEN regarding Dermie and his narrow-minded comments:
Hi, I wasn't sure who to send this email to. I want to complain about Dermie's response to a talkback caller yesterday, Wednesday 18th of February.

A caller rang during The Run Home to talk about a primary school on the Bellarine Peninsula that won the rugby league state championship.

Dermott Brereton's response was to criticise Victorian primary schools that "allow" rugby league to be played and commenting that the teacher responsible should be sacked.

This sort of narrow-mindedness from a presenter on a radio station that promotes itself as being about "all" sports is just disgraceful and I believe that Dermott should apologise to that caller, the primary school that won the state championship and to sports fans in general.

I have been listening to your station from day one and have been actively promoting the station amongst my rugby league supporting friends but if this sort of rubbish continues to be spouted out by the presenters on SEN then what is the point of listening? I realise that Dermott is an ex-aussie rules player but does every single conversation on The Run Home have to be about AFL? Even when the topic is another sport the presenters of this show, Morning Glory and Hungry For Sport find a way to work AFL into the conversation. Mark Doran and Daniel Kowolski (not sure of spelling) seem to be the only presenters that I've heard that focus mostly on the sport that is being discussed rather than trying at every turn to twist the conversation around to AFL.

When a caller, Glen from Glen Iris rang up on Friday 30th of January, Dermott claimed to be a member of the Melbourne Storm. If this is the case then he should be promoting the team and the game, not denigrating them.

On a separate note I have heard that Melbourne Storm are likely to have a weekly one hour spot after the basketball and soccer seasons finish. Is this true and if so what time and day of the week will this be on?

Andrew from Williamstown
I will post up any reply that I receive.

Surandy
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I too heard the mention of Kirk's beard.
It was when Brereton was saying his daughter "forced" him to buy her a soccer ball yesterday. Then Matthew Hardy came in with the comment - "Geez, next thing you know, she'll be wanting a Kirk Reynoldson stick on beard" (or something like that)
Cracked me up!

And Brereton was disappointed he was made to buy a soccer ball by his daughter. (Is he as narrow minded as the other caller Len who was complaining about the primary school playing league?)
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Soccer I can understand! :grin:

But Rugby League? :)
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I also called the station when the host said the they could not contact Matt Geyer as they wanted Rugby League supporters to ring and tell them about Melbourne Storm, I was told to wait as they had people ringing about cricked and AFL which could take some time and then was cut off.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I tried ringing SEN tonight but the phone was continuously engaged. Also, no response as yet to the email I sent.