storm and two players being sued

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:Why stop there? Why not sue the ground staff and MOPT for the playing surface damaging him when he came into contact with it? Sue the NRL for allowing Melbourne Storm to compete in the competition thus enabling a couple of the Storm's players to tackle him. Sue the coach for not getting this tackle style out of Kearney and Bai's repertoire. Hmm, who else? Sue the ref and his own team mates for doing nothing to prevent the tackle from occurring?

Hope he gets nothing!
Your forgetting to sue the founders of Rugby League and their parents. :wink:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Crackers was no angel, I remember him and Ruben Wiki dumping Lazzo on his head in a test match.

If you want to see a deliberate spear tackle (one of the few in the modern era), have a look at Hindmarsh and Fitzgibbon's first tackle on Billy in Origin 3 last year. No way that was an accident!
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Crackers was no angel, I remember him and Ruben Wiki dumping Lazzo on his head in a test match.

If you want to see a deliberate spear tackle (one of the few in the modern era), have a look at Hindmarsh and Fitzgibbon's first tackle on Billy in Origin 3 last year. No way that was an accident!
Can't say I remember it (Of course, I did miss the start of the game) But let me guess, they got absolutely no suspension for it for 3 reasons

1) New South Wales players can't get suspended in general at Origin time
2) They are 'fan favourites' and we can't have them sitting on the sidelines. That would be like suspending andrew johns - totally unaccepted (well, suspending him for as long as someone who does the same offence in unacceptable. How often does he get off so lightly. He's been to the judicary more often than Danny Williams did!
3) Billy wasn't injured, and unless someone gets injured the NRL won't suspend you. Oh wait, what about that 'We don't take the injury into account, just the potential to cause injury' BS that they trot out every now and then?
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote:Crackers was no angel, I remember him and Ruben Wiki dumping Lazzo on his head in a test match.
This one TC?

betweenthelies
Squall
Squall

KINGY wrote:also{not saying its jarrods fault}but when you look at the tackle before he hits the ground he ducks his head in....if he doesnt do that he doesnt lend on his neck.
haha so what if he landed on his head he would've being ok? sounds shady
Dance and laugh and play. ignore the message we convey.
It seems we’re only here to entertain.