2005 Membership renewals

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From the Storm web site :) :) :)

"Our Membership Program will be relaunched with exciting new benefits in early February. We envisage it to hit mailboxes by February 12, 2005 with assurance that your Membership Card will be available to you prior to the Storm’s first game at Olympic Park on March 13 when we take on the Newcastle Knights. (Membership applications must be received by March 4)."

Full story -> www.melbournestorm.com.au/home.php

At last a date to look forward to.
StormBrad
Squall
Squall

About time! :) ... I just hope they make the 2005 memership bumper stickers look better and more noticeable, because the last few years have been poor IMO..
The Premiers of 2005 are - Melbourne Storm
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

they're cutting it a bit close i think
Last edited by Dani_ on Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Just a little. That gives them a 3-week window to try to get memberships done to get them back out to punters for the first game 1 week later. I feel that this is the start of a rebuilding process. Probably a lot of focus on 6-game or 3-game memberships this year, with the view of getting yearly memberships solidified for the 06 season.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

They can have the cards out to ppl within a few days of receiving the membership forms so it shouldn't be a long wait at all.
It'll be all good. :wink:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

There's a good chance the club will be overwhelmed and may have to rely on issuing temporary cards for game one. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Late applicants may have to rely on temp cards until game 2 or 3 but that's their own problem.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote:They can have the cards out to ppl within a few days of receiving the membership forms so it shouldn't be a long wait at all.
It'll be all good. :wink:
I wonder if the Storm will have downloadable membership forms this year. For new members with internet access they would save a couple of days by printing the form out themselves rather than wait for one to arrive in the mail.
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

*shrugs shoulders* Feb 12th is the start of the Tassie holiday my wife & I have planned for a while.Guess I'll be
Late applicants may have to rely on temp cards until game 2 or 3 but that's their own problem
.I might even be able to find some of the potential new members still interested :roll:
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I replied to that email outlining how poor this situation is. The communication has been next to none, and for a "professional" organisation the time factor is horrible.
Add to the fact that I am aware of at least one other person leaving the club, and I am really worried about the way the club is going. Waldron has a lot of work to do... in my opinion we may be further behind the 8 ball than we already were
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i think some people jsut have to relise that a club cant get a new CEO and expect to have things like membership renewels done in like 2 weeks...its impossible...everybody has to be patient...
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormGurlDani wrote:they're cutting it a bit close i think
A bit too close.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KINGY wrote:i think some people jsut have to relise that a club cant get a new CEO and expect to have things like membership renewels done in like 2 weeks...its impossible...everybody has to be patient...
Fair enough however at the same time the memberships were only just overhauled in late 2003 for the 2004 season. I understand a new CEO may want to change things but as has been mentioned, its cutting a bit close for the up coming season. They could have left the existing system in place and overhauled it again for next season which would have allowed plenty of time to do.

In the end I'm not soo fussed so long as I get my membership (and everyone else does) just as they're promising, problem free too.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

yeah thats the thing..aslong as you get it in time then its all good...i read the site and stuff like lower prices for families...and improved condtions...then surely its worth the wait.

Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

they dont have any information about interstate memberships...should i email them regarding that? or will they put it up on the site?

Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

KINGY wrote:yeah thats the thing..aslong as you get it in time then its all good...i read the site and stuff like lower prices for families...and improved condtions...then surely its worth the wait.
The concern centres around a debacle a couple of years back when Storm members didn't get their membership cards until a couple of weeks into the season.

When we got that letter saying renewals would be sent mid-January I figured that it was okay, but now they've put it back another month. That is really starting to cut it a bit fine.

One issue I have is this constant changing of the membership packages. Have the packages stayed the same for two years running? I can't recall.