2005 Membership renewals

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
aims11
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

There is stuff about memberships on the website now! yay! :D
StormBrad
Squall
Squall

i havent fully read it but when i had a browse i think i saw that a normal general admission membership no longer gets you into the social club after match...considering you were allowed last year, i would be very dissapointed if this is the case
The Premiers of 2005 are - Melbourne Storm
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

where i sat last year is now reserved seating, not happy.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormGurlDani wrote:where i sat last year is now reserved seating, not happy.
Same.

It'll be very interesting to see how many people go to the social club after the game, no general members (unless they pay for the privelege) and no free guests for premium and reserved seating members.

It does look like a good package although I'd hoped they would keep the Western Terrace as an unreserved non-general admission area. The membership package does reward those that can afford to pay more. The hard part is that those that can't afford it will be disadvantaged compared to previous years.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

50 bucks a season (or $12 a match) for a General Admission Member to get into the social club?
F*** that. :evil:

And we lose priority access to finals tix.

All around I'm pretty unimpressed by what's on offer - doesn't look like gold members get to keep their seats either.
As far as general membership goes, I'm not happy at all.

No 3 game memberships - that's at least 2 I won't be buying.

On the Membership page, Robbie Kearns says
We love playing to a packed crowd
Sorry Robbie, but it ain't gonna happen with these membership options.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
aims11
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

How much were memberships last year? I'm sure my friend had one that was $45
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote: It does look like a good package although I'd hoped they would keep the Western Terrace as an unreserved non-general admission area. The membership package does reward those that can afford to pay more. The hard part is that those that can't afford it will be disadvantaged compared to previous years.
I can afford it, but am not impressed. I don't buy a top level membership because I like standing in the Bai Stand - rain, hail or shine - and that's where I'll be unless I have guests.

$50 to get into the social club? Well sorry to all my friends but you won't see me there this year.

So, when all is said and done I'd have to pay an extra $74 minimum to get priority access to finals tickets.

It took them until 3 weeks out from the season to come up with this? Bloody laughable. :evil:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

im a bit miffed as to why there are no 3 or 6 game memberships.
i had 2 new friends who were going to buy one of those, but it looks like that aint gonna happen now.
aims11
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

they certainly haven't accounted for the general melbourne public that might not want to attend all of the 12 games but still be classified as a member
JJ
Squall
Squall

aims11 wrote:they certainly haven't accounted for the general melbourne public that might not want to attend all of the 12 games but still be classified as a member

I am going to pay the Adult Reserved Area seat because if it rain, i can Stay nice and dry, but the only fact is that it is rushed because only two Direct debts payment make it tight if it was last year but this year i have a full time job and now i can pay it.

But if i was in my previous job, i would be doubting if i turned up this year.
This is just AAS on hes OWN computer!!!!. I can't remember the password of AAS
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

well these comments sure dont sound promising :(

another year of low crowds...*sigh*
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote:
Surandy wrote: It does look like a good package although I'd hoped they would keep the Western Terrace as an unreserved non-general admission area. The membership package does reward those that can afford to pay more. The hard part is that those that can't afford it will be disadvantaged compared to previous years.
I can afford it, but am not impressed. I don't buy a top level membership because I like standing in the Bai Stand - rain, hail or shine - and that's where I'll be unless I have guests.

$50 to get into the social club? Well sorry to all my friends but you won't see me there this year.

So, when all is said and done I'd have to pay an extra $74 minimum to get priority access to finals tickets.

It took them until 3 weeks out from the season to come up with this? Bloody laughable. :evil:
Sorry TC, I meant those that can afford and are prepared to pay. I am sure there are a lot of others that won't pay the extra for the social club or upgrade to a higher membership package. I am guessing that Waldron is banking on a lot of people being prepared to pay more, like me.

I used to sit in the Western Terrace on the 40 metre line, Swan St end. Now that area is general admission so my chance of getting my once reserved seat is now remote. I've signed up for the premium membership this year, but it means if I have guests I'll be in the general admission area instead.

I wonder if the social club will be a lot smaller this year. Will mean less room needed based on this membership structure, and more revenue (not sure how much though) from social club passes being bought to cover the cost of the social club.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i am also willing to pay whatever, but i like to take numerous people to as many games as i can, and to sit in my preferred area, i cant do that any more, as well as being unable to take people into the social club after the game. that is the main drawcard for me bringing non rugby league fans, the fact that they have the chance to meet the pleyers ater games.
Hoggy
Squall
Squall

Absolutely filthy with Waldron.

Anyone else notice that only Premium and Social members get the members hat??? Wouldn't you think all members would get it.

Waldron has lima lima lima duck the fans over, it's 3 weeks till the first game FFS.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Hoggy/inglisbanner.jpg[/img]
Mitch: Dr. Farthing, what happened to your arm?
Dr. Farthing: Well, it was either from sleeping on it the wrong way or a booky throwing me out of a speeding car...
Hoggy
Squall
Squall

Oh and one more thing...

WALDRON OUT
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Hoggy/inglisbanner.jpg[/img]
Mitch: Dr. Farthing, what happened to your arm?
Dr. Farthing: Well, it was either from sleeping on it the wrong way or a booky throwing me out of a speeding car...