Round 6 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

shorton wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:20 pm That was a huge loss and could have cost us the Premiership. Win and we would have been two games clear of the Roosters
Oh Short One , you're worried about one loss in round six and that's going to cost the premiership! Really!. Roosters won just. Our second half was of high quality. Don't worry about it. Maybe it's time to build a bridge and live under it!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's referring to his own team, the Roosters. Maybe Keary's worse than first thought.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

shorton wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:51 am We will never beat the Roosters again while they have Cronk, O’Brien and King
How long have you been following storm for Matt King has been at the Roosters for nearly 6 years and you only just notice this yesterday hmmm and just so you know we beat them last year in Adelaide with Cooper and Matt soooo try again with your trolling
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/storm- ... 51fr8.html

Storm's Scott vows to bounce back from tough night
Roy Ward
The Age
Sat 20 Apr 2019

Curtis Scott thinks it might be the worst game of his career, but how he responds will be much more telling.

The Melbourne Storm centre made his return to the side for Friday night's 21-20 golden point loss to Sydney Roosters at AAMI Park.

Scott, 21, has had a rough couple of weeks as a shoulder injury and illness sapped his strength and forced him out of last week's win over North Queensland in Townsville.

He trained his way back into the side to face the Roosters, but then he and winger Suliasi Vunivalu had all kinds of trouble trying to contain Latrell Mitchell, James Tedesco and the rest of the Roosters who repeatedly attacked their side of the defence.

"Latrell is such a quality player but I'm just disappointed I didn't do a better job on him," Scott said.

"He had a field day out there and that's a credit to him but I'm looking forward facing him next time if I get the chance."

Scott managed to score the game-tying try just before the hour mark as the Storm mounted a comeback from 20-0 down after 30 minutes.

But he was also ruing a play in the first half where he couldn't keep hold of the ball after chasing down a Brodie Croft kick over the try line.

He appeared to regain control of the ball but it didn't appear completely still in his hand as he touched it down; it was a 50-50 call and it went against him.

Those calls always feel crushing in a one-point loss.

"My try was nothing special, I had to do something out there as that was probably my worst game I've ever played," Scott said.

"It was a pretty unlucky call with the drop over the line but it was 50-50 and didn't go my way.

"I probably should have got up and carried on but I don't like to lair up like that. I'll learn from it."

The Storm face a difficult game review and a tight turnaround before facing the New Zealand Warriors at AAMI Park in their annual Anzac Day clash on Thursday night.

As a whole, the side will need to grit their teeth and lift themselves for another marquee game.

"To be honest I have my fingers crossed I get picked next week," Scott said.

"I didn't play to my standards, I'm disappointed in myself and it's a learning curve for me but if I get the chance next week I'm going to go out there and leave it all on the field.

"We just have to move on and be better."

The Storm face a nervous wait on utility forward Brandon Smith who hurt his shoulder and didn't play in the second half. Storm coach Craig Bellamy said Smith would need further tests to check his injury.

The Storm play NZ Warriors at AAMI Park on Thursday at 7.50pm.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:57 pm"To be honest I have my fingers crossed I get picked next week," Scott said.

"I didn't play to my standards, I'm disappointed in myself and it's a learning curve for me but if I get the chance next week I'm going to go out there and leave it all on the field.
Scott’s poor form is not limited to this week.

I do respect him putting his hand up and owning it publicly though. That takes guts and hopefully he can turn it around.

The decision making and tackling technique does not feel like a quick fix though...
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just saw the presser. Bellamy went solo so more question marks over Smith.
I don’t like any of our centre options tbh. Even the guys who can replace Scott don’t give me much confidence now that Cheyse is gone.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stick Kenny out there... Way he's playing, he can do anything.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some of y'all really think way too highly of Cheyse Blair.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:20 pm Some of y'all really think way too highly of Cheyse Blair.
It was the sleeves...
shorton
Squall
Squall

Those dummy half runs from Cameron Smith on Friday night were some of the best I’ve seen from him in years.

Perhaps he needs to have the pressure of all kicking taken off him permanently. Croft and Munster did good jobs.