Round 6 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don’t get the why Ryan is play8ng and not Albert but in Bellamy we trust
shorton
Squall
Squall

So disappointing that Matt King has Traitored himself out to the Roosters as well.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This looks a lot like the GF.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam Smith must be injured, Munster doing kick offs and kicking for touch and Croft conversion and penalty.
shorton
Squall
Squall

How can the Storm beat this salary cap cheating team?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is Jesse Bromwich injured or something?

If not he badly, badly needs to do something. He’s run for just 36 metres. He’s the leader of the forward pack and was once rated as the best prop in the world. We need to see more from him.
shorton
Squall
Squall

Papenhuezen cost us the game
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

shorton wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:01 pm Papenhuezen cost us the game
Nope, we lost that game in the 1st half.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great game we had 3 or 4 chances to win it but too many stupid mistakes and missed kicks.
Croft isn’t quite there yet but if we’re 1 point off the best then I’ll take that.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In my opinion our two best players tonight were Christian Welch and Tui Kamikamica.

No idea how we got to golden point after the first 30 minutes but glad we fought back. Disappointing to lose in the end.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll add Kenny to that list. Our three best for mine - hard to split them.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It all happened pretty quickly in the end so I missed who gave up the big miss leading up to the field goal. Who was it?
shorton
Squall
Squall

Roosters had 6 of their best players out and we still couldn’t beat them. Give them the Premiership now
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Funny game and I can't put my finger on where we lost it, other than in the first half... I wouldn't say we roared back in to it and we sure had our chances, but then so did the Chooks. We were unlucky with the bounce of the ball for the JWH try.
Our intensity certainly lifted in the second half and gifted a mountain of possession we could only improve.
Latrell, can't describe my feelings towards him, I'm sure others can!
Does Munster have a short kicking game, how many times did he get the ball 30 metres out and out to the left and the grubber through was on, but wasn't taken. Does the left side train for this?
I think Croft is excellent, his tackling is really good just they need to get his combination with Felise sorted, these two looked clunky together.
Suli... His antics are going to come under scrutiny from officialdom and they'll wise up to him and look less favourably when something minor happens.
What is it with running into the defenders legs when they're high in the air diffusing the bomb, face palm!
Golden point, like it even less now, especially when the only time we touched the ball was kicking off.
What was the crowd?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I the the the strategy behind Smith not kicking at all was to let Munster and Croft run the game and make the decisions. I hope this is permanent.
Smith really came into his own in the second running the ball so well and picking the right players to pass to.
Not happy with Jesse and Curtis. I’d put Welch as starter ahead of Jesse atm.