Round 6 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

GF replay.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1 Jahrome Hughes
2 Suliasi Vunivalu
3 Will Chambers
4 Marion Seve
5 Josh Addo-Carr
6 Cameron Munster
7 Brodie Croft
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith
10 Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11 Felise Kaufusi
12 Kenneath Bromwich
13 Dale Finucane

14 Brandon Smith
15 Christian Welch
16 Tui Kamikamica
17 Ryan Papenhuyzen

18 Billy Walters
19 Patrick Kaufusi
20 Albert Vete
21 Curtis Scott
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What I think will happen - Scott in to centre, Seve to the bench, Paps to drop out.

Hell, I’d be happy if we just swapped Paps for Vete.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rorters lineup;

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Joseph Manu
5. Matt Ikuvalu
6. Luke Keary
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Victor Radley
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner ©
12. Angus Crichton
13. Zane Tetevano

14. Lindsay Collins
15. Nat Butcher
16. Poasa Faamausili
17. Mitchell Aubusson

18. Sam Verrills
19. Sitili Tupouniua
20. Josh Curran
23. Lachlan Lam
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen good enough to get garbage time minutes off the bench but not good enough to start last week. Meanwhile Earl goes back to not even being in the squad yet started last week? Righteo..

Roosters are a lot better than everyone else atm. Hopefully our forward pack can get some respect back after no showing the GF.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:31 pm Papenhuyzen good enough to get garbage time minutes off the bench but not good enough to start last week. Meanwhile Earl goes back to not even being in the squad yet started last week? Righteo..

Roosters are a lot better than everyone else atm. Hopefully our forward pack can get some respect back after no showing the GF.
I don't get why they're not picking Stimson. He's been back from injury a while now.

The Earl one is less surprising. There must be consequences for playing the worst game I've seen from a Storm player this decade.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's difficult with Joe. His game is very similar to Kenny and Brandon in that he provides that utility forward / second-rower role. He doesn't really have the same impact coming off the bench that Brandon (and to a much lesser extent Kenny) does. If they want to carry Pap and give him some exposure in first grade then in my mind it means dropping whoever is worse out of Joe and Kenny. At the moment Kenny hasn't done anything to lose his spot so I think Joe is stuck biding his time. I don't understand why he isn't in the 21 though - I would have thought he would have been higher in the pecking order than Vete/Kaufusi.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Getting a bit spicy this one... The Roosters doing everything they can to avoid the favourites tag. Bellamy saying it was a bit condescending.

Performance is important, less so the result. I hope our forwards aim up after being well outclassed in the decider last year.

I also hope we put tonnes of pressure on Cronk and Keary all night and if they take the ball to the line, put them on their asses hard (legally).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Finucane's 100th Storm game.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From what I’ve heard Mr Stimson has been in the bad books of Craig so I guess he has to work his way back into the team...I mean he is getting try’s...a lot for the falcons so he must be getting back in belllamys eyes somehow

Just an observation from today Albert Vete and Christian Welch we’re getting their haircut live on insta and Albert said something like gotta get that TV hair ...so I think he is playing
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:27 am From what I’ve heard Mr Stimson has been in the bad books of Craig so I guess he has to work his way back into the team...I mean he is getting try’s...a lot for the falcons so he must be getting back in belllamys eyes somehow
Think Craig would be more interested in Stimsons work "off the ball" than number of tries. If number of tries is a measure Cameron Smith would probably never get a game! I think Joe seems like a nice fella but I don't think he's work rate is quite up to scratch and his impact, due to size differences, isn't as great as Kenny's.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I want to know what has happened because it is quite a fall down the pecking order... Last year he kept Hoffman out of the 17 in his final year. This year he is not even making the list of 21. Definitely feels like there is something more than just slow return from injury. I was assuming we were shopping him around for some reason.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was that Dragons rumour a few weeks back. Maybe more true than we originally believed?
shorton
Squall
Squall

I hate grand final rematches. Even if we beat the Roosters today it means nothing compared to the agony of losing to them in the Grand Final last year
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Curtis Scott is back, replacing Marion Seve in the centres. Other than that 1 through 17 as named.

Therefore, Albert Vete misses out again.