Round 5 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Earl to start on the wing. Papenhuyzen to the bench. Fox in.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only one of those dudes should be on the team so we can have a proper bench.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sandor Earl. Never again.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Baptiste and McGuire both deserve suspensions for their dirty acts tonight.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought the refs and touchies were shocking tonight and I hate having a go at them.
Best wishes to Nene hope he comes out of it ok.
I didn’t catch the first half but from all reports it was one of those every now and again slopfests we get into.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Earl looked out of his depth. Fair play on making it back but just don’t look up to the pace of the game.

Hughes and Addo Carr outstanding. Munster did ok considering they were clearly out to wind him up.

McGuire deserves a long spell on the sidelines..
shorton
Squall
Squall

Earl will never play first grade again after that performance
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Croft defended well last night
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:59 am I thought Croft defended well last night
Second that. A tackle he made on Cooper stood out.

He was solid last night/nothing flashy. We complete more sets and he stays solid we will do well. He’s always got a spark which is going ignite here and there
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croft still has barely any responsibility with the ball. I'm not sure how long we can go with just having the two Cameron's essentially do everything for us in attack. Defensively he looks better but I don't really think the Cowboys threw a lot at him.

Earl looked out of his depth. He had one really good run early on but didn't bend the line much after that. Wanted nothing to do with those high balls.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can anybody tell me why players continue to let the ball bounce rather than attempt the catch, what do the coaches preach I wonder? Once the nerves are shot I get Sandor not going for them, but others, and all teams? I think the whole weekend thus far has produced some pretty abysmal footy.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Have to say - I’m pretty stoked for the guys to be 5-0.

Five-day turnaround and only two games at home so far. The next few weeks against the Roosters, Sharks and Warriors will be interesting.

Has anyone looked at the stats so far?

Storm are top of the NRL in post contact metres, second in all run metres, third in tries and third in scoring with the least amount of points conceded. Not bad at all.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is scoring down across the league cause us being that high is surprising?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

3 errors in the first half for Sandor ...yes it wasn’t good but ffs he has had 5 years off....I’ve seen worse debuts ...he already said he was nervous leading into the game was embarrassed about his first half ..I’m not sure what people wanted or expected but I’m happy for him and would 100% give him a second chance
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Croft had a great game. Took a few runs out of dummy half to test the line, was mostly solid in defence and took kicking opportunities when he had them. The short kick (I think it was on the 3rd/4th tackle) behind the line that caught Ben Hampton out of position was a fantastic heads-up play.